You can type here any text you want

CAM/Rocker Ratios

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

86Nick

Not your Grandpas' regal
I bought my motor a year ago and had all the paper work for the build and cam.
Motor is in the car and has been running with no problem. I just came across the cam card and seen that the ratio for it is 1.6. I have stock rocker arms and pushrods. Should I be concerned about this? I thought the stock ratio was 1.5? Please help me figure this out.

I bought my motor a year ago and had all the paper work for the build and cam.
Motor is in the car and has been running with no problem. I just came across the cam card and seen that the ratio for it is 1.6. I have stock rocker arms and pushrods. Should I be concerned about this? I thought the stock ratio was 1.5? Please help me figure this out.

Stock advertised ratio is 1.55. You can simply multiply the lobe lift times your rocker ratio to get your total lift at the valve. Ignore the lift with 1.6 rockers

Was just wondering because I have a set of 1.5 roller rocker that I was planning to install. Hoping that they will work after this discover of the ratio/

after what discovery????

the cam specs for lift you have are based on 1.60 ratio rockers , that doesnt mean you must run 1.60

after what discovery????

the cam specs for lift you have are based on 1.60 ratio rockers , that doesnt mean you must run 1.60

The Discovery was the 1.6 ratio of the cam. I bought the complete except oil pan,valve covers, intake. The motor was fresh from machine shop and had all documentation and receipts. Never really looked through the stuff just threw the motor in and ran it.

The Discovery was the 1.6 ratio of the cam. I bought the complete except oil pan,valve covers, intake. The motor was fresh from machine shop and had all documentation and receipts. Never really looked through the stuff just threw the motor in and ran it.

The 1.6 is the ratio they used to determine the lift at the valve. It has nothing at all to do with the lobes on the cam. Look at lobe lift and multiply that times your actual ratio to get the valve lift.

Back