You can type here any text you want

Cam sensor broken or what?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
After pulling the cam sensor my ? Is are there two different ones or is mine broken it's missing the little metal ring above the gear I have an extra but when I stab it in I can't turn it to set it really tight fit. My extra has the ring on it.

After pulling the cam sensor my ? Is are there two different ones or is mine broken it's missing the little metal ring above the gear I have an extra but when I stab it in I can't turn it to set it really tight fit. My extra has the ring on it.
I'm not knocking you, but you need to re-write it so anyone can read and understand what your needs are.
Also is it possible to give a picture so one can give you a more positive results of your statement?

I'm not knocking you, but you need to re-write it so anyone can read and understand what your needs are.
Also is it possible to give a picture so one can give you a more positive results of your statement?
Lol will do

image.jpg

The question I have is are there two types of cam sensors or is mine broken? in the pic above that one has a metal ring just above the gear the other cam sensor is in my car I pulled it yesterday and there was no ring on it I popped it back in the motor it runs just not right tho

Last edited:
There is normally a spring washer and possibly a shim washer to set the clearance from the gear to the housing...... measure the clearance with a feeler gauge. I believe it should be .030 to .060 max? I dont remember ?

There is normally a spring washer and possibly a shim washer to set the clearance from the gear to the housing...... measure the clearance with a feeler gauge. I believe it should be .030 to .060 max? I dont remember ?
Yea bro the cam sensor I'm using is missing it, could this cause drive ability issues??? I can't make it 3 door down lol without it dying out or stumbling real bad

Since it's driven by a bevel gear it can change the timing as it bounces up and down. Once the oil pump gets a load on it, it should settle in one place. If that place is wrong I could definitely see a running condition.

A good test is to fire it up and unplug the sensor while it's idling correctly. The ECM will lock into that setting and go into batch fire mode. If the car runs good after that, it's definitely in the cam sensor circuit. (If you cut the car off it won't crank back up until the sensor is plugged back in)

Looks like I need a new cs

Send it to GNS performance for a rebuild , they replace all the wear items . I just got mine back from them and it was worth every penny !! Go to their web site for info.

Back