Cam sensor used on Bank/bank?

AnArKey

Does a FAST bank/bank system need a signal from the cam sensor or is that just for sequential?

On your Buick? The b2b ecu doen't need it, but the Buick coil module still does!

TurboTR

I remember reading that the cam sensor is not needed on a stock vehicle to run. Just to syc up the sequential injection on start up. You can unplug the cam sensor on a running GN and it will keep running.

I know wires run from the cam sensor to the ignition module, but what function do they serve?

The cam sensor is used by the C3I (?) module in the same way that a cam sensor is used on the sequential FAST systems. It tells the factory ECM which of the crank pulses is the #1 cylinder.

Craig answer me this: If the cam sensor is unplugged on my race harness it will or won't run?

If the cam sensor input to the FAST ECU is unplugged, it will run, even if it is a sequential. On a sequential system, the cam sensor input to the ECU keeps the injector event synchronized with the intake valve event; if it isn't hooked up, the injector will fire at a different spot relative to the intake valve event every time you start the car. As previously stated, the B2B system doesn't even use a cam sensor input. Not needed for anything there.

Now, if you disconnect the cam sensor input to the coil pack, your car won't start. However, if you start the car and then disconnect the cam sensor from the coil pack, it will continue to run.