You can type here any text you want

cam sensor will not turn in new front cover

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
This really makes me wonder, more than i normally do. :biggrin: :rolleyes:

How hard could it be to manufacture a timing cover and get the specs right for it.

There's not much to the cover,i mean damn i would think any crosseyed, stupid, lamebrain fool could do it even if his dad and grandpa was one in the same. :eek: :p

This really makes me wonder, more than i normally do. :biggrin: :rolleyes:

How hard could it be to manufacture a timing cover and get the specs right for it.

There's not much to the cover,i mean damn i would think any crosseyed, stupid, lamebrain fool could do it even if his dad and grandpa was one in the same. :eek: :p
YEAH You would think so but like everything else,probably made in CHINA!!!!!!

I was able to just use some emory cloth in the cam sensor hole of the cover to clean it up and all is well now, no more cam sensor problem.

It just sucked that i had to remove the front cover in order to resolve the issue.

You may NOT have solved your problem?:confused:

These off-shore covers that are machined incorrect mean the cam sensor is not aligned correctly. I have had TRIED to use a few of these POS covers, and they are nothing but problems. Sent them all back to the supplier.

If you made the cam sensor "fit", it would be wise to remove it in a 1000 miles or so and check the wear pattern on the drive gear.

Since the NOS cover is no longer available, I now use the timing cover from TA Performance which is cast off-shore, but machined here.

You may NOT have solved your problem?:confused:

These off-shore covers that are machined incorrect mean the cam sensor is not aligned correctly. I have had TRIED to use a few of these POS covers, and they are nothing but problems. Sent them all back to the supplier.

If you made the cam sensor "fit", it would be wise to remove it in a 1000 miles or so and check the wear pattern on the drive gear.

Since the NOS cover is no longer available, I now use the timing cover from TA Performance which is cast off-shore, but machined here.

Thanks Nick,
That's a good idea to remove and check the sensor but i will do it way before 1000 miles. I don't drive the car often and it would take quite awhile for me to get that mileage on the car. It didn't take very much at all to clean up the hole in the cover with the emory cloth, and i cranked the engine over by hand a few times, then removed the sensor and checked the gears. I did this a few times before i finally stopped and set the cam sensor timing.

Yep, Nick and I went a round or two with the aftermarket covers. In a friendly way of course. :p This after porting etc.

Best thing to do is install the aftermarket with a couple of bolts and see if the sensor seats. Before leaving the store visually check the alignment of the hole in the cover. The two I had issues with were not centered in the flat machined area. If that makes sense.

Cross your fingers that once you torque the cover down it does not crack near the crank sensor mounting area. :eek:

Ask me how I know!

Back