You can type here any text you want

Cam sync on classic FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Z8's

I need to know where to set the cam sync on a classic FAST system.I have the crank trigger set at 50*btdc and rolled the motor to 25* and aligned the rotor on the dist with the #1 cylinder.Does the cam sync come in before the crank trigger signal at 50* or before the #1 firing? Thanks Chris:confused:

I need to know where to set the cam sync on a classic FAST system.I have the crank trigger set at 50*btdc and rolled the motor to 25* and aligned the rotor on the dist with the #1 cylinder.Does the cam sync come in before the crank trigger signal at 50* or before the #1 firing? Thanks Chris:confused:
Is this a sequential or bank to bank system?
Bank to bank this is not required,if it is a sequential system the cam must come in atleast 10* before the crank sensor on the #1 cylinder
setting it between 60-80* before # 1 would work fine,To achieve this you may need to modify the reluctor so you can put it where it needs to be.

Is this a sequential or bank to bank system?
Bank to bank this is not required,if it is a sequential system the cam must come in atleast 10* before the crank sensor on the #1 cylinder
setting it between 60-80* before # 1 would work fine,To achieve this you may need to modify the reluctor so you can put it where it needs to be.

Thanks for the response! I have a sequential system and built a pick up off the end of the cam so it can be adjusted to anywhere I will set it at 75* btdc. Thanks Otto!

Thanks for the response! I have a sequential system and built a pick up off the end of the cam so it can be adjusted to anywhere I will set it at 75* btdc. Thanks Otto!

No problem,on a typical v8 it can be between 10*-80* before

Back