You can type here any text you want

CAM SYNC

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BADDGUY6

CAM SYNC 1.jpg

I noticed that my Cam Sync log line(top Green line) has a lot more movement now than before. Both logs are 0 TPS after the read line. What would cause more movement? Timing chain? Or? Thanks.

Cam sensor gear wear will also cause this. We used to log cam sync on a couple of low 9 second TSM cars to know when to replace the gear. Pull the cap and see how much slop you have. If it's good, roll the engine forward and backward and see how much slop you have (unless you have a tensioner)

Cam sensor gear wear will also cause this. We used to log cam sync on a couple of low 9 second TSM cars to know when to replace the gear. Pull the cap and see how much slop you have. If it's good, roll the engine forward and backward and see how much slop you have (unless you have a tensioner)
Thanks Cal!! I have a Dbl roller chain w/no tensioner. Checked the Cam Sensor. The interrupter ring on the sensor was loose. The locating tab on the ring broke off the wheel. Fixed it with Jason's Cam Sensor repair kit. Looks good now.:D And am I Data Logging all the stuff I should/need be logging? And what do you recommend the cam sync be at? Thanks for all your help!!!:)

Guy
CAM SENSOR WHEEL.png

Everything looks good. You're running a lot of timing down low

That target af and spark table can use some tweaking, but it should work fine.

I wouldn't run 21* at high boost on pump gas tho

That target af and spark table can use some tweaking, but it should work fine.

I wouldn't run 21* at high boost on pump gas tho

I would say you could run up to 24 degrees timing up to 165 kpa on 93 gas and 12,2 AF ratio@ that boost. Way too fat down low...

Back