You can type here any text you want

Cam

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
setup

*50# inj
*T61 turbo
*3200 stall, 9 inch
*razor alky
*70ml TB & DH
*4inch down pipe
*turbonetics external racegate
*single shot exhaust
*3.5 maf translator
*Large Front mount
*walboro 340
*rjc power plate

Plan on having heads ported & upgrading valve springs

If you decide roller....I have a never been run Comp XR2 hyd roller cam (cam only) forsale in the Parts for sale section.... :biggrin:

210/215 @ 0.050
.516/.516 lift with stock ratio rockers...
110 LS

Anything wrong with yours? If not they are good for 10-11 sec easily. These cars are not real cam sensitive.

if the stock cam is ok use it. if its trash you can go with a nice 206/206. that should work well for you

if the stock cam is ok use it. if its trash you can go with a nice 206/206. that should work well for you

I second the 206/206,only I choose it over the stock cam.

The 206/206 makes great torque in a 3.8 and will give you a few hundred RPM more pull.

I say do the cam. Roller isn't going to make much differnce in power at your level and you could use the extra money for other things IMHO.

*50# inj
*T61 turbo
*3200 stall, 9 inch
*razor alky
*70ml TB & DH
*4inch down pipe
*turbonetics external racegate
*single shot exhaust
*3.5 maf translator
*Large Front mount
*walboro 340
*rjc power plate

Plan on having heads ported & upgrading valve springs

I would'nt do the cam, untill you do the heads.

IF you do it, the 206 isnt bad but I prefer the Erson 208 or go 214 for a little extra kick!

if the cam is fine then why mess with it :confused: leave it alone and get the car running :p

My experiance with roller, is if you recam, go roller.
Rollers are expensive, however, no hi rpm break in & no zddp.
We used to turn new rebuilt roller cam aircraft engines at about 250 rpm over an hour - used an electric motor to turn it.
Either keep what you now have or go roller - nothing about these TRs can in any way be considered cheap.

Back