Camaro and crotch rocket go down

whitehot1

I was in Fla. back in the mid 90's when this happened.

One night about 3am i was cruising on the highway when this camaro passed me and a couple of seconds later a crotch rocket passed me and the camaro. I thought to myself for a second what the heck let's see if they are fast. So i speeded up and returned the favor, and i passed the camaro and the crotch rocket and kept going for awhile since there were no other cars on the road and my radar detector wasn't picking up anything. After stretching the legs of the regal i slowed down to get off the highway onto the exit for me to go home. The crotch rocket caught up with me and pulled up along side of me on the drivers side and started blowing his horn and giving me the thumbs up and motioned for me to roll down my window, I rolled the window down and all the guy said was, now that is fast! He went his way and i went mine.

Nice, always great to show the crotch rockets the boosted power. What were your mods back then?

Regards,
Shev

I love hanging with bikes. The look you get from them is priceless.

You get an "Atta Boy".

One cool winter's afternoon a few years ago (Florida you know) I take the T out for a blast. Head out an open two lane HWY 231 to Lake Butler that begs for WOT (no driveways, cross streets and straight for 3 miles with very wide grassy easements). Anyway come up on three mid sized sport bikes behind a car doing 55-60. They all pass together and I'm right behind them, then they gas on it thinking they will show this old fart with the grey hair in the white car something. I just stay a couple of car lengths back until they pull back into their lane then I go WOT and walk past them as they look over in disbelief. I wave and stay in it till about 140-145 on the OTC pull over let, off and they all come up smiles and giving me the thumbs up then blast off again. I let them go this time as there is a big lazy S curve ahead and it bends over the Sante Fe River.

Mikey

Nice, always great to show the crotch rockets the boosted power. What were your mods back then?

Regards,
Shev

The engine was stock and had 50,000 miles on it. The mods were TE-52,Caspers ultra chip the dial up one,36 lb inj.Kirbans fuel pump,KB front mount,KB headers and down pipe,K&N air filter,KB 11'' 2800 stall,rebuilt 2004r,stock 3.42 gears and posi. That was pretty much it but the car ran like it had no top end limit.