You can type here any text you want

Camaro Hybrid Pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Matt Sando

Here are some pics of my 1984 Camaro Z28 with an 87 Drivetrain in it...Goin' inside for the winter...

Attachments

• 1984 Camaro Z28 002 R.jpg
    1984 Camaro Z28 002 R.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 309
  • 1984 Camaro Z28 006 R.jpg
    1984 Camaro Z28 006 R.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 280
  • 1984 Camaro Z28 011 R.jpg
    1984 Camaro Z28 011 R.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 287
  • 1984 Camaro Z28 019 R.jpg
    1984 Camaro Z28 019 R.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 273
  • 1984 Camaro Z28 022R.jpg
    1984 Camaro Z28 022R.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 267
Did you do the install??, I will be picking up a 86 T/A and will be looking to do the same, I would like to talk with you about this project!
thanks

Ron

84GNwith87eng said:
Were you able to wire it to the factory gauges?

It's a matter of just using the factory Z-28's sending units with the turbo engine and the original cars harness.

The tachometer may have to be re calibrated or altered with a translator sorta like the MAF Translator does. I had to use one to get my tach working in my Malibu. I bought it from Caspers Electronics.

yes all the factory gauges work. First you need the C100 bulkhead wiring diagram for the camaro. I removed the fuel pump switch on the GN motor that ties into the oil pressure (the casper harness dosen't require one for fuel pump relay) Temperature i removed the coolant switch in the block (that swiched the light on the dash for overheating on the GN) and replaced it with the temp. sensor in the camaro. Caspers left m a lead from there new harness for the tach. I you are planning to do this swap I highly recommend getting a caspers harness. It saves alot of time in the long run. Ovr last winter i bought all of my swap parts and when spring came the swap was installed in 2 days. The hardest part of the swap is getting all the parts together.

Matt Sando said:
yes all the factory gauges work. First you need the C100 bulkhead wiring diagram for the camaro. I removed the fuel pump switch on the GN motor that ties into the oil pressure (the casper harness dosen't require one for fuel pump relay) Temperature i removed the coolant switch in the block (that swiched the light on the dash for overheating on the GN) and replaced it with the temp. sensor in the camaro. Caspers left m a lead from there new harness for the tach. I you are planning to do this swap I highly recommend getting a caspers harness. It saves alot of time in the long run. Ovr last winter i bought all of my swap parts and when spring came the swap was installed in 2 days. The hardest part of the swap is getting all the parts together.
So the stock V8 82-92 camaro/firebird tach will work than or do I have to get an aftermarket tach?

Now that's a hot setup! Just imagine how sleeper this car is......Someone expecting a stock 160hp Z28 will get ate up quick!

yes the factory tach will work. Once you hook it up watch the idle on the tach and compare it to the idle # on turbolink or scanmaster and see if its off. Casper's electronics sells a recalibrator unit for like $30. Mine was off about 50 rpms.

Matt Sando said:
yes the factory tach will work. Once you hook it up watch the idle on the tach and compare it to the idle # on turbolink or scanmaster and see if its off. Casper's electronics sells a recalibrator unit for like $30. Mine was off about 50 rpms.
Awesome! That is great news. Thanks a ton!

Back