You can type here any text you want

Camaro Rear Disc Brakes?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

deputydawg

Will the 93-97 Camaro rear disc brake kits work on G-Bodies? I have seen people use them on s-10 trucks, etc before.....Also, when going to rear disc brakes, if I am running the GTA wheels, would I need to put a set of "rears" on the back to correct the offset?

I'm not sure if you'll need a custom bracket to mount them... if the 93-97 F-body uses the triangular rear mounting pattern (I know LS1 uses the small square), then I suppose it will work. The baer rear setup basically uses 93-97 LT1 F-body calipers with the parking brake on the caliper.

I have the baer bracket for the rear along with the baer brake lines, I just need the calipers and rotors. Other things on the list would be parking brake cables and shock relocation brackets. Lastly, you will have to turn down the end of the stock axle so a rotor can slip over it.

The only offset difference should be the thickness of the rotor hat pushing the wheel out from the axle surface....

I looked the other day... 93-97 F-body's used the small square bolt pattern on the ends of the rear end housing, unlike the G-bodies that had the two small bottoms and large top bolt in a triangle. Hence, its not a direct bolt on without trimming the flange and drilling two new holes to make your own small square. Its not hard to do, but I would prefer not to hack mine up. And if you are going to take that route, the LS1 rear brakes use the same install process and have a better parking brake assembly, slightly larger rotors, and much better looking calipers.

I have the Baer caliper bracket sitting around here somewhere, I can take a pic in a day or two and post it if there's any interest...

sorry it took so long for me to post these... its been one hectic week. Didn't forget about you, just didn't have the time...

Attachments

• reardiscbrkt1.jpg
    reardiscbrkt1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 183
  • reardiscbrkt2.jpg
    reardiscbrkt2.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 175
Back