You can type here any text you want

Camshaft Help

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LAMMONS0003

My head is spinning after reading all the cam help on the forums. I am wanting to run the Eldebrock 204/214 4.48 intake lift 4.72 exhaust lift, will i need to have the guides machined for this cam? I believe the lift is ok, but just wanted a second opinion. Is this a decent cam swap from a stock cam?
Thanks
Larry Ammons
1984 T Type

How fast is the car now?

this is one of the most popular grinds for a stock motor car.
FULL THROTTLE SPEED - 206/206 TURBO CAM

I'm too chicken myself to even try a flat tappet cam in one of these motors. Most folks will recommend a roller cam in order to avoid a wiped lobe.

I've used the 204/214, it was a decent cam especially for the price. I've heard the 206/206 is better but I don't have any real world experience with that. At the time the 204/214 was way cheaper than the 206/206.

For the price of the edelbrock cam you cant beat it. I ran 11.22 120.89 mph with this cam, unported heads te45, 60lb inj. in my white T. This cam has lots of torque.

My head is spinning after reading all the cam help on the forums. I am wanting to run the Eldebrock 204/214 4.48 intake lift 4.72 exhaust lift, will i need to have the guides machined for this cam? I believe the lift is ok, but just wanted a second opinion. Is this a decent cam swap from a stock cam?
Thanks
Larry Ammons
1984 T Type

With a 4.480 lift your going to need alot of clearance on your pistons.:eek::biggrin:

lots of power over stock. even more with heads but i wiped mine after 1500 miles even with every precaution out there

Back