Need help.. pass some knowledge to younger guys

ScottyG

So I been messing with this buicks for around 6 years (26yrs old) and just plain out need help.

Got a late model 140 block (3ribs valley) it was a carb engine. I got this donor 109 block I took the ported heads off just 8445 well has a lot of more stuff I would like to use on the 140 block? My questions is everything swappable? I know the blocks holds all the same power as what I been reading from 12 years ago lol.
It has cam in it TA front cover and oil pump gears can I just swap everything over this will be a intercooler set ? Just need to tap the return line .
Everything should be straight forward I hope? Thanks

The main bearing could be a different size. The cylinder bores will need to be cleaned up on the 140, they will be different sizes. What is the issue with the 109 and why do you want to use the 140?

If the 140 is a 14 bolt, your 20 bolt pan won't work and odds are the block will be .025" taller.

I'm keeping the stock 140 block together just adding parts from the 109 nothing internal tho . 109 is toast... and the 140 block is a 20bolt

They both hurt if you try to move them using a thick blanket, but it rips and the block falls through, onto your bare foot since you didn't want to put shoes on...

Not sure if that it applicable or not, but I think keeping all your toes is a helpful piece of info.

Okay you are doing a similar build as I am . I have a 044 4.1 block I’m going to turbo . So I’m going to bore out the block to 4” holes and use a good turbo crank and rods and the 3.8 intercooled top end . So yes it will swap over

Yes, it sounds like everything will swap over.
You might want to run the turbo return to the oil pan and not drill on a short block you are not going to take apart.
ts how one of mine is set up.

One problem is the pistons will not work with a turbo. and in that case you will need to hone the cyl, install turbo pistons and new rings..
Use a really thin head gasket to make up for the deck height..

Yes, it sounds like everything will swap over.
You might want to run the turbo return to the oil pan and not drill on a short block you are not going to take apart.
ts how one of mine is set up.

One problem is the pistons will not work with a turbo. and in that case you will need to hone the cyl, install turbo pistons and new rings..
Use a really thin head gasket to make up for the deck height..
Why won't the pistons work? And I just used a stock type gasket fel-pro. Little bit lower compression don't bother me just yo the boost some

N/A pistons aren't generally lower compression.

The thing is I don't know what the deck height is on that odd block. There's a chance it's .025" taller than a 109 which will mess with compression (and pushrod length) too.

N/A pistons aren't generally lower compression.

The thing is I don't know what the deck height is on that odd block. There's a chance it's .025" taller than a 109 which will mess with compression (and pushrod length) too.
The 140 block had 8445 heads both push rods where the same lenght from the 109 to 140.

I looked up pushrods once for a 4.1 and they were listed as the same part number as a 109 too.