You can type here any text you want

Can I enhance the lowly BQ tranny?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rob_85Ttype

I have assembled an '85 engine to '86-'87 standards listed in the signature below. Turbo will be a TE60 and the torque convertor a 2800-3000 modified stock style.

Prior to disassembling the car approximately 3 yrs ago, the tranny received a stock rebuild from an old timer here in town. I put approximately 300 miles on it, then removed and disassembled the engine.

What can I do to this transmission, short of a performance rebuild to it or upgrading to a performance '86-'87 tranny, that will allow the transmission to live behind this engine, now that it will be pushing more than the stock 200 hp? I'm guessing the horsepower will be at least double that. I've read the tips from Bruce in the Sticky concerning performance, but I'm looking for specific suggestions that I can do to this tranny myself without completely taking it apart, to make it live as long as possible behind this engine. This car will most likely not be dragged at the track, but occasional "brisk" acceleration on the street is very likely.

i would suggest our recalibration kit.it includes a servo larger than the brf transmission,oversize intermediate and tv boost valves,pressure regulator spring,line bias valve spring,accumulator valve spring,1/2 accumulator spring,new ac delco 8657309 ''x' seperator plate with modifications,valve body,accumulator housing and pan gaskets,and the unbeleivable shift quality mastered through research and development.see what the customers think of it on customer feedback at the url below.

Chris, thanks for the reply. Please email pricing for that calibration kit to rjwoodru@yahoo.com. I see that it includes a valve body. Is this an 86-87 valve body? If so, will it work in my 85 tranny? Do these modification occur to the pan side of the transmission, or also to the front? Will these mods alone keep the tranny relatively safe from scattering or slipping and sliding?

Back