Can I go mid 11's with a te44 turbo?

Billetss

Got it off my buddys 87 gn its his old set-up,I also have a front mount intercooler and a couple other things.what other mods would I need to get my goals?

Hotwire kit for fuel pump, cold air kit and race gas...want to make it more reliable power..60lb injectors, razor akly kit and matching TT chip

Oppss and a scanmaster

You should be able to do that all day long. I went 11.4 @121 at 24 psi.

HTH, Brian

I wouldn't classify my runs as mid 11's but maybe high 11's with just what's in my sig.

Oops, sorry, I took the mods out of the sig. PTE44, MSD50's, V2 front mount, Translator+/LS1-3.5. Bone stock motor. Beefed tranny.

Depends where you live too. Different areas have different elevations, which makes a big difference as far as air quality. Also need a good 60' to get a 11.50 with a 44 and stock motor full weight car. Plan on running 25lbs of boost to get there.

You can go mid 11's on a TE44 with a fairly stock setup. The key is getting a good launch and running at least 22-23lbs boost on stock heads. You didn't mention anything about your suspension setup or anything, but you should be getting 1.6 60fts or better.

I put a TE44 on my white t last year for a couple months and ran 11.6s right off the bat with a 1.60 60 ft at only 113mph on alky. The setup was fairly stock except for good exhaust (THDP and ATR with cutout), good trans (Dynotech Hi-Pro), and good suspension parts and tires (H&R rear sway bar and 28" Mickey drag radials). Also used a stock intercooler with a dutt neck and a stock MAF, so there was probably some more gains that could have been had.

I use Directscan along with EGT for tuning along with a turbotweak chip. Various launch techniques tried off the footbrake until I found out what my car likes. Seems like you have a lot of parts to start with, but the little things become more important. Make sure the cooling system is working well, watch the boost to make sure its steady and not creeping, shifts are tight, etc, etc. Also, you didn't mention the converter or locking it up. A restalled stock converter or a slightly better one might help if the current one isn't enough. Locking usually helps on a stock setup too. Weak valve springs will also hurt performance. Like I said, lots of things can hurt performance if they aren't up to par. Good luck!

It has the hot wire kit,adjustable fpr and I'm putting 42lbs injectors and a ported t/b in.I also have front and rear drag shocks along with boxed arms.I'm thinking on a small cam to go along with it?

good friend,Super6,ran 11.44@122 or 123 and some change with i think a 1.9xxxx 60 ft. that was the first pass on that combo. 200r4,rest in peices:( :rolleyes:

good friend,Super6,ran 11.44@122 or 123 and some change with i think a 1.9xxxx 60 ft. that was the first pass on that combo. 200r4,rest in peices:( :rolleyes:

i ran this time with a stock slipping trans..a real bad 2/3 flair.i left real soft because of the trans and didn't lock the torque converter. i think the keys are a good front mount,cam,heads,WIDEBAND, and the ME-R with wideband correction that makes tuning easy for dummies like me. i am running 009's that aren't close to being out of fuel with the alky. i was going to try and get it in the 10's but i am going to a T70 4bolt turbo:eek: ..i second the RJC boost controller, very simple and it makes the turbo spool faster...good luck...Bob

The 44 is a great turbo. I have a poor sixty foot: 1.95 and, have run 12.0/114 with only 20# boost [need hd waste gate]. It is a blast on the street :D

Don't bother with the 42's, if you have em sell for some 60's.

You don't need the drag shocks and leave the cam alone. Last thing you need is a problem due to the cam swap. If the cam is showing wear then ditch it, otherwise spend your time and $$ elsewhere, probably on valve springs.

Stock converter is going to have a harder time 60fting, what is the brake torque hitting for RPM?? Might be a stock restall.

Bigger rear drum shoes and brake cylinders??

Manual Boost Controllers on ebay for $10, I have 4 of them and they all work great.

Adjustable wastegate actuator is probably on the turbo, if not get one with the 14psi spring. Adjust the manual boost controller until you gain a few psi and then use the adjustable rod for the rest of the boost increase, gives you mega spool. :eek:

It has the hot wire kit,adjustable fpr and I'm putting 42lbs injectors and a ported t/b in.I also have front and rear drag shocks along with boxed arms.I'm thinking on a small cam to go along with it?
50lb or 60lb injectors would be better IMHO, but if you already have them. No cam change needed. If the valve springs haven't been changed..CHANGE them. Mine are the stockers with 95k miles(on the 86) and are killing my power. When I changed out the worn out trans I also got a Pat's 12" 2800 stall TC and love it.