You can type here any text you want

Can i install a intercooler on my ttype??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83TurboGuy

Whynd it up
i got an 83 t-type and i was woundering if i would be able to install a intercooler and if so would there be a diffrence:confused: if not why not???

no you can't. You can make a cheap alky kit from a washer tank with pump and some spare hose and a nozzle hooked up to your hobb switch

i got an 83 t-type and i was woundering if i would be able to install a intercooler and if so would there be a diffrence:confused: if not why not???

An intercooler is inserted between the turbo and the intake. Kinda hard to do on a draw through system since you have fuel going through the turbo. If it was an injected engine then it wouldn't be an issue but on a draw through system it's not feasible. You could do a pre turbo cooler but you have an issue with freezing the carb up from the low temps. Click on the second link in my sig and you can see where Aj (dr_frankenstein) and I discuss this.:smile:

An intercooler is inserted between the turbo and the intake. Kinda hard to do on a draw through system since you have fuel going through the turbo. If it was an injected engine then it wouldn't be an issue but on a draw through system it's not feasible. You could do a pre turbo cooler but you have an issue with freezing the carb up from the low temps. Click on the second link in my sig and you can see where Aj (dr_frankenstein) and I discuss this.:smile:

O I C but i dnt get what hes saying to make it colder ??

The main reason you can't is the fuel has to travel such a long way and through an intercooler, which is changing the temperature that it falls out of the air. Its not that you cant push it through an intercooler, its that you cant get the fuel to the engine.

He is real.:biggrin: Glad to see you on Rich.:smile:

are you running the alky injection on your regal charlie?? I have some parts here to set it up, but wasnt planning on setting up the alky till the motors running right.

are you running the alky injection on your regal charlie?? I have some parts here to set it up, but wasnt planning on setting up the alky till the motors running right.

Car isn't running yet kid, but I will be running alky on her.:biggrin: Very seriously thinking about E-85 and a few other mods.:eek::biggrin:

yup I have.

have all the designs for air to air and water to air to use intercooler on the draw thru.

however, it requres a change to one of my systems. will not accept anything factory.

A.j.

yup I have.

have all the designs for air to air and water to air to use intercooler on the draw thru.

however, it requres a change to one of my systems. will not accept anything factory.

A.j.

wow. i wish i could see that. how would it work?

I like Nitrous Oxide as my chemical intercooler. It's simple, does not take away or add to the distance the fuel must travel and it's very effective and hard to beat it's cooling properties. The only way I see a drawthru system being intercooled effectively and still be a true drawthru is to run natural gas as your fuel, it will never puddle inside the intercooler matrix...

I like Nitrous Oxide as my chemical intercooler. It's simple, does not take away or add to the distance the fuel must travel and it's very effective and hard to beat it's cooling properties. The only way I see a drawthru system being intercooled effectively and still be a true drawthru is to run natural gas as your fuel, it will never puddle inside the intercooler matrix...

this is correct.

the key is special intercooler design and setup. has to look a cetain way inside. and hint hint.... the intercooler is based on ROOTS blower technology

this is my sweetheart that Charlie has helped me with for almost 2 years now, much back and forth and at the cost of several V6s

but what you need to know, can all be taught by the VW guys.

:cool:A.j.

didnt GM do a srt of weird intercooler set up between a roots blower and the intake manifold for their V series cadillacs? or whatever the cadillac version of the corvette was with the edges.....

didnt GM do a srt of weird intercooler set up between a roots blower and the intake manifold for their V series cadillacs? or whatever the cadillac version of the corvette was with the edges.....

SHUSH!

dammit. letting all the secrets out.

A.j.

lol. i'm just saying what i remember from press releases from like 10 years ago? :P this is gonna be awesome one way or another :D

Yeah, Ford already setup a system on their supercharged modular engines, using twin A/C evaporaters with the extra one sandwiched between the blower and inake plenum

this is correct.

the key is special intercooler design and setup. has to look a cetain way inside. and hint hint.... the intercooler is based on ROOTS blower technology

this is my sweetheart that Charlie has helped me with for almost 2 years now, much back and forth and at the cost of several V6s

but what you need to know, can all be taught by the VW guys.

:cool:A.j.

LOL I think we've helped each other Aj.:cool: Now if I end up out there with you and the Erics then watch out!:biggrin:

SHUSH!

dammit. letting all the secrets out.

A.j.

LOL Not all the cat is out of the bag yet Aj. We still have a few secrets about making power that the others don't know about yet.:cool:

Back