You can type here any text you want

can I use these

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gnbeginer

ok - I am in the middle of a rebuild and I have a chance to get a set of gn1 r heads. My block is a 109 .030 over - I was reading the sticky about gn1 r heads. Now the rods I am using are 5.965 in length and I am not afraid to "tapper" the bores if I have to. Am I going to have to get different intake(stock lower ported to match 1200 felpros and Can I use my shaft mount kb roller rockers?

thanks in advance

The GN1-R's typically use Chevy style rockers due to the 14 bolt pattern. Everything else will work fine. The intake gets REAL thin if ported to the 1200 Fel-Pro and breaks out in at least one area. I use Epoxy to seal it up most times, but welding can help get the ports staightened out, but takes ALOT of welding rod to do it right. To get the ports to equal out using a 1200 Fel-Pro I end up adding a good handful+ of rod to the top and sides of the ports. And typically add alot of epoxy, too. You can just add a big glob of epoxy where it gets thin and it will work fine, though. You could order a Champion aftermarket intake too. They are a pretty nice piece. BUT.........it probably won't make a power gain when coupled to a weak 109 block. The stock (ported) intake will support enough airflow to break a stock block.

hmmmmmmmmm well thats very interesting. I dont have to port the gn1 r's to match the felpro 1200. If all I really need to do is get chevy valve train - thats simple. I have a set of crane gold 1.6 ratio's now. Thats the same as my kenne bell rockers. What about the "tappering" on the cylinders. Will that still need to be done? Oh yeah - what headgaskets do I need to run? 109 block is not stock, billet caps girlde steel crank/rods je pistons. This could be fun.

Back