Can some identify fluttering sound and boost question

Danster

When I get on the car full throttle or 1/2 throttle and let of the pedal I can hear like a fluttering sound. That's about the best description I know to give the sound.

Can someone identify this sound? Is this sound common with the TR's?

Yesterday was the first time I was able to see some boost on the car after upgrading the fuel pump and installing the Thrasher92 chip. I was seeing the boost meter on the stock dash climb as I was trying to tune and at the same time monitor my SC2 for any errors and trying to watch the boost gauge (it's tough for one person). Anyway it seems that after trying to go WOT a few times
the boost meter did not move any more on the dash and boost gauge did not move past 0 while attempting a few more WOT.
What does this mean? No more boost?? Vacuum leak? Turbo? :confused:

Dannyo

The sound is normal with TR's on decel from boost. It's caused by air pressure backing up through the air intake. Some cars are louder when getting out of it due to open-element air cleaners.

As far as the gauge symptom, check for a vacuum leak at the map sensor.

Suggestion? Get yourself a good aftermarket boost/vacuum gauge. The stock lights look nice but are worthless for tuning.

HTH Jim

It is not the best thing for your turbo so try to avoid letting off the gas suddenly as often as possible.

You would know if your car was not building boost. It would feel like a regular 231 v6!

Dannyo In my limited experiance with these cars the one time i was getting no boost the wastegate ros lost its clip and was just hanging there! worth the quick look? Kevin