Can someone tell me what this is?

icecold1132

utf-8BSU1HMDAyNzktMjAxMDA2MjEtMjA0N.jpg

and what it does/ How to use it. Thank you

Looks like a boost controller it goes in between the wastgate and turbo and controls how much boost you can make.

It's just an adjustable valve. Did someone have it plumbed into the boost control lines trying to control boost?

You can still use the turn knob boost controller to adjust the boost level if you have an "adjustable" wastegate. Just set your base boost pressure with the actuator and then adjust the boost further with the turn knob deal. This is obviously an old school way to adjust boost but it works.

The RJC style has a ceramic ball bearing inside that is spring loaded so you can adjust "crack" pressure. This improves spool up. The valve pictured is just an adjustable bleed valve. The downside is that it's bleeding off boost pressure as you're trying to build it thus slowing down the process.

Well i just put it on my car and took it for a spin totally off not bleeding its set at 16 psi crack it open a little its at over 20psi it feels fast but i dont want to push the motor that hard since mines almost stock

Make sure you are running the proper octane fuel before turning up the boost like that. You don't want to overboost for the crappy 93 octane you are probably running. On a stock turbo, I always ran 100 octane and ran the boost at about 22 psi and it would run low 12's all day long on a completely stock car (upgraded fuel pump and regulator obviously).