You can type here any text you want

can this be done

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stagemonster

R.C. entourage
my friend just recently got a s2 block off center and wanted me to put put his motor togather for him he wants me to use his crank and rods from his 109 block to build his s2 can this be done and will it work correctly. He bought the s2 block for the strength and is not worried about making alot of power thats why he wants to use the parts he has any input would be great he wants me to start the build this week.

Yes,
The parts will work. You will need a 14 bolt front cover and a 14 bolt oil pan. If you have a 3.8 S2 block, you could use the pistons too. But that is a monumental waste putting weaker stock parts into that block.............. But to each their own!

Dave

Originally posted by stagemonster
my friend just recently got a s2 block off center and wanted me to put put his motor togather for him he wants me to use his crank and rods from his 109 block to build his s2 can this be done and will it work correctly. He bought the s2 block for the strength and is not worried about making alot of power thats why he wants to use the parts he has any input would be great he wants me to start the build this week.

It can, but why?:confused: I don't know the hp limits of a "stock" crank, but I guarantee it's not as much as an offcenter can handle. Like dave said though, to each his own.

Your friend isn't even interested in stepping up to an Eagle crank?

Jason

Also, depending on what block he got, it may require a BBchevy rear main seal, which, if memory serves may require some machine work on the crank to size it to the seal.

Originally posted by TurboDave
Also, depending on what block he got, it may require a BBchevy rear main seal, which, if memory serves may require some machine work on the crank to size it to the seal.

I have ran the same crank on both types of seals, no issues.

who makes a good piston in a 3.96 bore with a comp.ratio of 8:1 or 8.5:1 and what are ball park prices

I know my friend has a blown, injected on alcohol arias 10 liter, and he uses ross pistons. I think he pays $600.00 for a set of ten, but then again, he knows a lot of people. FWIW, bill anderson runs ross pistons too, and they seem to hold up just fine.:D :cool:

Duttweiler has been using JE for several years.
I have heard that CP and Ross are also really nice.

I'm getting my pistons custom made through Diamond. $620 for pistons, pins, rings, and pin fitment. I'm going to pay an extra $120 and get the tops ceramic coated. Custom ordering pistons is no big deal but your going to have to wait 3 to 4 weeks to get them.

Jason

Back