You can type here any text you want

Can this be fixed or where can I get a replacement? Busted hood gauge.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

LEGACY_GN

Piece of cardboard on freeway flew up and busted it right off. Still works but I can't figure out how it was mounted before. What are my options.

Attachments

• fast.jpg
    fast.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 129
Piece of cardboard on freeway flew up and busted it right off. Still works but I can't figure out how it was mounted before. What are my options.
There are or was two plastic pieces the size of a quarter that had notches in them. It goes on both sides and the notches fit into the holes on the mount.

Attachments

• keene bell.jpg
    keene bell.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 78
So the plastic pieces must have blew off when it got hit? Any thoughts on a solution? Maybe short screws? They don't make them anymore from what I've found.

Either find your self some strong plastic washers and cut them to fit or get yourself some metal washers and machine notches into them so they slide into the bracket. Then paint plack.

Last edited:
So the plastic pieces must have blew off when it got hit? Any thoughts on a solution? Maybe short screws? They don't make them anymore from what I've found.
I wouldn't use short screws, you'd be inviting condensation into the gauge itself. do what trixdout said or a strong adhesive if you can stomach it. Or get flashy with...see picture.

Attachments

• 1200272260174jpg.jpg
    1200272260174jpg.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 59
Back