You can type here any text you want

Can we have our own FAST SECTION?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
It probably is better to have all ECU's on one section that way each thread gets more exposure to the GURUS that can help. I noticed the ECU section over at T6P was merged with all aftermarket ECU's recently. :)

true but for my screen, even just the first page of this section is a good example. I can see 7 threads, 6 of those threads are FAST related. Im just sayin.

scroll down n count, the numbers grow. The people have spokeN! :) :) :) I would like to see our own section for fast, like on other boards for turbo stand alone ecu'ed cars. Where they have a section for each stand alone unit that is popular for that car, just as for buicks BIGSTUFF and FAST and w/e else is out there for stand alones, heard some guys use motechi(is that spelled right idk). This way it becomes very easy to find and search, also makes it easyier to interact with other users of the same product. Further more im jelous of the supra boys who swap/share/send/post up data log files from there stand alone runs like freak flies on cheit pardon my parton enhanced french. why you ask, because they can, and do take advantage of the boards for stand alone tuning. That was one of the points in buying a stand alone, to be able to communicate with others how to tune your vehicle. The tech./product/ is all there already, just need a place to settle in. Cheers buddy!

darkisde

Ya maybe split it up under the ecu forum,
When you come in you can pic the ecu you have questions about

Yea, but to keep up with them all would mean going to each forum individually which would be a waste of time since as you say, 95% of the posts are about the FAST system anyway and most of the other forums wouldn't have a new message most days - just think of this as your FAST forum, with an occasional off topic post :-).

Yea, but to keep up with them all would mean going to each forum individually which would be a waste of time since as you say,

- just think of this as your FAST forum, with an occasional off topic post :-).

its not a waste of time to click on 1 extra link are you kidding rofl, in fact it would save time because instead of reading through the Titles of every single thrad posted and trying to dissypher which is FAST related and which isn't takes more of my time to do then clicking on one single link which categorizes your specific ECM system. So really it wouldn't be a waste of time, it would make this section more organized and SAVE readers time.

"all of them" there are only about 3 stand alone systems that I can think of, its not like theres a lot of them haha.

"just think of this as your FAST section" Can't do it, I can't pretend. I am not one to bent around the bush ;) and I dont like to pretend. If I am sposed to think of it as my FAST section it makes more sence even more sence to make it a fast section. Is it really that hard to make 1 more section? I am suprised that I am the only one bringing this up, publically at least, privatly I chat with several FAST users, and chat about having our own section all the time. But why am i even fighting, forget it. The numbers of threads, the numbers of FAST users, and the numbers of subjects related to fast on the first page alone depicts enough reasons TO make a FAST section and speak for them selfs. Any one in power monitoring this section has to be aware of this, they just dont want to do anything about it. I havn't heard any excuses that over power my numbers agrument, in order not to make a fast section. Im going to stop now, before I say something mean and get banned. Still havn't had any good reasons why no fast section is being made.

Thanks Otto for the 1 post supporting this idea. Yes your reasoning is 1 of my main arguments. When people click on the ecm section
they automatically would click on the ecm section which applies to them, THUS saving time! Not wasting it. Wasting time is trying to
read/find/subject specific matters to your ECM managment. Doing a search and having BIG STUFF and MOTEC stand alone subject threads come up, then having to sit there and scroll through every thread and first figure out whether is FAST related or not, after figuring out which ones are FAST related or not, then havin to re scroll through and pick which of the subject threads to NOT click on, that is a waste of time.

Ted sorry to burst your bubble but t6p is dead; so i could care less about what they do (even though
their the same owners) Which i definitly dont want to talk about, because my opinions on that
WILL get me banned.

The point is, to make a FAST section. I could go on and on about the reasons why, but at this point they are falling on def ears i think.
Sad that once again the import boys are quicker to learn. Their media, computer, and internet coverage - information sharing capability -
and "working together" are ALL 10 years ahead of our board........EXCUSE ME FOR TRYING TO CATCH UP!

darkside :)

While we are at it, why not a DFI section and bigstuff 3 section?

I really think it would be cool,F.A.S.T, DFI, Big stuff 3
This way anyone looking into a particular one can go to the appropriate area
and not have to dish thrudifferent post to see if they have to with.
Sometimes the title doesnt give away way the info is about

While we are at it, why not a DFI section and bigstuff 3 section?

YEA AGREED! I dont just want a FAST section, I hope my intent didn't come off this way. I would love to section off ALL engine mang. systems. But I just want to see a FAST section first :) Come on people, the powers to be will not do anything if its just me talking.

Thanks Otto and Norbs for the replies!!

Use the FORCE, XxDarksidexX

okay, let me rephrase my thread.

Question for any admin or mod
How many signies would I need to present to you for us to get our own stand alone sections? Im ready to start collecting.

Darkside

I will chime in here and say that I am not in favor of separating questions by ECM brand. I believe that just because a question or topic is posed about how to go about solving an issue on a certain brand of ECM doesn't mean that the topic won't be informative for users of other systems. Questions about how to cure an off-idle hesitation with a FAST system would contain answers and input that would be helpful with DFI, BS3, and many other systems. That isn't to say that ALL questions for a certain ECM type will contain crossover info of this sort, but I feel that users of one system would potentially benefit from staying abreast of how things happen with the other guys' stuff. It helps users to understand concepts rather than just brand-specific terms.

That being said, the motivation for this request is clear and quite understandable. As it turns out, there really isn't much "other" stuff to wade through to get tons of FAST info in this forum. However, it would be cool to be able to filter the stuff down somehow. Would it be possible to add a logo icon to each post to identify the system in question?

This might be beyond the capabilities of this BB, but I think that would be kinda cool.

I will chime in here and say that I am not in favor of separating questions by ECM brand. I believe that just because a question or topic is posed about how to go about solving an issue on a certain brand of ECM doesn't mean that the topic won't be informative for users of other systems. Questions about how to cure an off-idle hesitation with a FAST system would contain answers and input that would be helpful with DFI, BS3, and many other systems. That isn't to say that ALL questions for a certain ECM type will contain crossover info of this sort, but I feel that users of one system would potentially benefit from staying abreast of how things happen with the other guys' stuff. It helps users to understand concepts rather than just brand-specific terms.

That being said, the motivation for this request is clear and quite understandable. As it turns out, there really isn't much "other" stuff to wade through to get tons of FAST info in this forum. However, it would be cool to be able to filter the stuff down somehow. Would it be possible to add a logo icon to each post to identify the system in question?

This might be beyond the capabilities of this BB, but I think that would be kinda cool.

We could both be winners here........Just as in the FOR SALE sections, or the LOUDGE section, which have the first 2 or 3 threads explain the rules of the section. Why can't we at least have a 2 or 3 links to our individual stand alone units? Then you Could give each individual thread on the main page a specific logo for each specific stand alone, but really a logo is just a short cut to a group of identical logo'ed threads anyways soo even more reason to have our own sections. But none the less you we could have both. So once any member clicks on the performance ecm section; there would be 2 or 3 links isolated at the top of the page, linking you to only threads of that specific ecm stand alone or cpu unit. And under those 2 or 3 links you could have the same old page which includes all the posts for all sections with a logo to boot ;)

I dont care really how its organized, but its time something gets done. Other forums have it and so should we, we need to organize and share information as much as possible here! I spent over $1200 on my system alone, and it would be nice to share information with other board members SPECIFIC to my investment. Its not hard...me typing all this has taken longer then it takes to actually create a section.

If none of this is possible how many signatures would I need to get our own FAST section in the South Western Region; we need something to talk about or the so cal'ers get moody.... :) And another reason is because in So Cal alone with in the past 6 months over 5 people upgraded to FAST including myself and that alone is over $5000 of investment, it would be nice to have a place to share data logs, fuel maps, timing curves, anything computer related. The stangs, supras, wrx, 240sx, 350z all their forums have this already (not to mention the amount of members). Its like the trickle down effect of race parts in principle. You do what the guys ahead of you do, and they all have done this already on their forums. And many members of these forums commonly share complete data log files and car programs like sending an email! I dont think their really AHEAD of us per say, but I just think they have so many more users they are forced to organize properly. Besides there really are no downsides to doing this. If someone was wanting to read or search for information on these other units navigating through them would be easier.

Also having separated sections would give the venders an opportunity more so then now to come in and share their own knowledge. With separate sections I beleive that vender could easily navigate through this section as well, for better sales and customer service!!!

I just want to know how many people I need to sign in, or check in somehow to get our own sections. Or an other words how many signatures are required to create, or start the process of creating another section? I didn't just start this thread to start a debate, I am fully ready to do what ever is required in order get this seen through.

darkside

All of the bold and italics makes your case sound very strong, but I like reading about the tuning solutions and issues with the other units. Besides, it isn't like the other units have so many posts that the FAST-specific ones are difficult to find. Just one guy's opinion.

-Bob C.

All of the bold and italics makes your case sound very strong, but I like reading about the tuning solutions and issues with the other units. Besides, it isn't like the other units have so many posts that the FAST-specific ones are difficult to find. Just one guy's opinion.

-Bob C.

i agree, for some it would be a change and some like it how it is no dought. but in the long run it would help organize the board a little. Beside, I still havn't heard anything close to a STRONG argument against the idea either. But none the less thank you for chimming in, I hope i am not discouraging anyone from posting here. A good vote could solve this whole thing. I just have had a lot of local support in my area for even starting this thread, instead of just complaining that "I wish I had a FAST section" Im trying to get the ball rolling on the debate, so everyone is more then welcome to chime in here!

darkside

I echo what Craig said.

Not to sound like a prick, but spend a little more time reading up on your FAST system and less time on this thread and you won't need a separate section.

dont worry i dont think your a prick at all man, you haven't said anything personal and I welcome all agruments. Im not a dick, and theres nothing wrong with a little debate or questioning in my opinion. Change is enevidable. I basically started this thread to plan for my FUTURE FAST usage, mine isn't installed yet :) I just know when i have searched for questions so far that i have had, i have to filter through posts and threads that dont apply to my search but because its all in the same section is included in my search. If that makes sense.

its just your reply is confusing. "spend a little more time reading up on your FAST system" well if everyone did this there would be no postings on fast at all and no modded ecm section would ever be needed. Also personally i dont know how you know how much time i do or dont spend reading up on FAST but thats interesting.

"need a separate section" well i never really said we need it. I for one, just dont want our board falling behind other boards. second i dont need my own section, i just am planning for when my FAST is installed and I do have to search for threads for questions. Mostly im planning for the future, for my future usage with my FAST system and the future of searching. Navigation would be easier bottom line. And also its a bottom line is so far there havn't been any good arguments against it. So im just getting more confused here. I mean asking for change and wanting to update a boards sections organization should be a good thing here or am I wrong? if im wrong you can just delete my thread :biggrin: I feel like im debating my whole ps intercooler thing all over again, no one said it should be done and it wont work. Now its pretty common, so maybe im just a prophet here but trust me, eventually people will want this.

I dont mean to diesect your reply, and i welcome any one to post. It is a free world and there is nothing wrong with change or debate. Just keep it clean as everyone has so far and its all good with me. :)

cheers from El Torito, taco tuesday
XxDarksidexX

I echo what Craig said.

Not to sound like a prick, but spend a little more time reading up on your FAST system and less time on this thread and you won't need a separate section.

Hmmmm, maybe if we all studied a little harder on the whole Buick thing, we wouldn't need this site at all. Just something to consider Ted. You may be at that point already.

Back