You can type here any text you want

Can you still get Red Arm Strong spark plug wires?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

El Corvino

I was going to do a tune up on my GN and wanted to replace the spark plug wires with the same red arm strong wires on it. Are they still out there? If not, can anyone make a good suggestion on a solid pair of spark plug wires to run?

I was going to do a tune up on my GN and wanted to replace the spark plug wires with the same red arm strong wires on it. Are they still out there? If not, can anyone make a good suggestion on a solid pair of spark plug wires to run?

MSD's

I see most guys are running the red MSD wires. I can't remember why the red arm strongs' were preferred by the previous owner. Something about they had a lower "......" than the MSD wires. But since it seems the guy who made red arm strong wires has been dead or retired for quite some time and nobody has blamed a catastrophic failure on MSD's... I guess I can't really go wrong.

I see most guys are running the red MSD wires. I can't remember why the red arm strongs' were preferred by the previous owner. Something about they had a lower "......" than the MSD wires. But since it seems the guy who made red arm strong wires has been dead or retired for quite some time and nobody has blamed a catastrophic failure on MSD's... I guess I can't really go wrong.
More to wires than just lowest ohm reading ... The MSD work just fine .. But you can use anything you want .. Its your ride

Taylor Thunder Volt 50 10.4mm race wires #98024, the biggest and absolute best high performance ignition wires on the market. I recently switched from the red MSD 8.5mm wires, and couldn't have been happier. They claim dyno proven 5hp and 7lbs torque better than the leading competition. I can't speak on this claim, but my car's throttle response is quicker and crisper.

Last edited:
I have used the taylors for a few years and so far never had an issue.

They are good wires at a good price. You can select the vendor of your choice.

If you need a good set of plug wires at a great price. Autozone sells the Bosch premium wire set part number 09718 for less than $30.00 with a life time guarantee. They are 8mm gray wires with black boots. I use these and the MSD 8.5mm wires and can't tell any difference in the way the car runs with either set installed "and the car runs great, btw". Nothing flashy about them and their not the biggest wires on the market,just a good set of wires that do what their supposed to at a great low price.
They do make a couple of the wires a little to long but i manage to live with that. At the price i suppose you could buy 2 sets and use the shorter wires from each set to have a better fit.

Give a set a try and see for yourself you have nothing to lose. You can return them for a refund if you are not satisfied with them.

Back