You can type here any text you want

Can't communicate, Accel Gen7+

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Rotax

I finished the install a few days ago, but still cant connect with my laptop.
The comm1 is working, as i tried other programs that use it with succes.

A few seconds after i press "online to ECM" i get error "unable to open port" this is driving me insane.

I tried different ports settings, but the tech at Accel told me the default settings should be sufficient.

My laptop is running on win XP Pro.

The car starts, even i never could communicate with it. :confused:

HELP!!!

What laptop?
Are you changing port settings with windows or the Gen software? They should match.
Got another laptop or desktop to try?
IR port still active?
Got any PALM or CE devices? The sync software may cause some probs.

Stabs in the dark, I dont have that software.

Shawn

KDS laptop.
Tried every possible port configurations possible. With laptop and with software.
Dunno about IR port.. i'll look into that.
No Palm or Ce devices.

Try this: From the opening screen in the DFI software, right click on the "Online to ECM" button and enter "1" to try to detect the ECM on just com port 1. If you still get the "can't open port" message, something (usually Palm software) is using your serial port, so the DFI software can't open that same port to talk to the ECM.

Don't worry about port settings, the DFI software will configure all that on the fly even if you try to change it beforehand. If the serial port is known to be good, and the car starts even though you can't communicate with the ECM, it may be the communication cable between the ECM and the laptop. You may have to send both ECM and com cable to DFI to be checked out.

Damn! i was affraid someone was going to say that. :mad:
Can one of you guys try something for me? Run calmap without a ECM connected to com1 and try to work online with ECM, what does it do?? Does it say unable to open port?

It's brand spankin new, i cant believe ill have to send it back..just the tought of another 2 weeks without car is driving me insane. :(

I should have known that mixing car and computers can only spell disaster. :rolleyes:

Update: installed Win98se instead of XP pro and another cable, still same sh|t.
:(

Time to at least try another computer... even if all you have is a desktop.

All just my opinion though.

I agree... got to find a way to try it with another computer. Still no real way to tell if it's the laptop, communications cable, or the ECM itself. The DFI will work with any OS from windoze 98 second edition up through xp, it's not real picky.

Tested with Home computer, still no go. :(
Makes me like computer soo much. :rolleyes:

Lucky as i am, must be it.
Another week or so of down time. On the bright side, i save on gas and i dont break anything. :insert almost smiling smiley here:

USB??

Does the cable connection at the computer require a USB adapter?
If so, I've seen some of the adapters that would not work w/ the FAST system.

Re: USB??

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
Does the cable connection at the computer require a USB adapter?
If so, I've seen some of the adapters that would not work w/ the FAST system.

No.

As i said in my other thread,
Finally found the communication problem.
Two wires were mixed up in the calmap harness, (blue/black and blue/white) i switched them over, and voila! connected to the ECM!

Now lets find the next problems...

Back