You can type here any text you want

Can't get into Cells 8,9,12, or 13

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blazer406

Mechanical Engineer
Got my extender chip installed tonight. I am having difficulties getting into cells 8,9,12, and 13. It goes into 10,11,14,15 just fine. What wires for a floor shift car need to be hooked up to show park? ... I must not have mine hooked up.....??

To show PARK or NEUTRAL the Orange with black stripe wire in connector position B10 at the ECM should have a ground on it.

Open circuit in R, D, 1 and 2.

Try neutral if park don't work for those cells.

I must have something wrong with my switch then.... It was a theft recovery car... and I replaced the whole column....and had to disassemble the column down to the 4 inverse torx bolts that make the tilt stop wobbling.... I guess somehow... I got the switch screwed up?

No matter.... I'll just put a toggle switch on it... and ground it to program.....

Thanks.

The Park/Neutral switch is mounted on the column under the dash, and is activated by that collar that rotates when you move the shifter. If the switch is mis-adjusted or the linkage out of whack or disconnected this can happen.

Try turning the collumn collar by hand, and checking other gears for the BLM cell change.

Bob

After jacking around near the steering column in the car while hooking up my new alky kit..... :biggrin: ... I saw a 2 prong connector with a orange wire with a black stripe... and a black wire... that wasn't hooked up..... hmmmm wonder what that is...... shaaaaazaaammm... it was the park/neutral wire. It still doesn't work in park.... but will light up when you go into reverse.... I guess it is out of adjustment some.... oh well... as long as I can get into the cells I want to program... I'm not worried about adjusting it properly..... maybe later.

Thanks for all the help guys.... you all get "ada boys"

Back