Can't get the boost down below 18/19psi

Tim Cucci

I can't seem to get a solid boost down around 15/16 psi. I am trying to use the boost sol. and just put a brand new one on and I am still running 18/19 psi. If I adjust the actuator out anymore the puck is gonna be cracked open. I am not using a H/D actuator.
I have a TA49 and THDP with Joe Lubrant 93 chip with Lucas 38# inj. The TA49 has a Precision housing. Is this a boost creep problem? Adjusting the actuator hardly makes any difference at all. I do have a new H/D actuator but I would think it would make the problem worse.
TIA
Tim

Check the vacuum lines for the solenoid and the actuator for leaks. This can cause a high boost problem.

so? what boost is programmed into the chip?

Pull the hose off the solenoid and plug the hose..run it and see what boost you have. If there are no leaks in your hoses, this should reflect spring pressure.

I went through the same sh*t Tom after I bought my pt51 and HD actuator. Boost would not turn down past 19#. And if I did turn it down, the puck would not be flush against the turbo exhaust housing generating LAG. I also decided to buy a replacement solenoid to boot. Do yourself a favor and send your current chip to any reputable chip maker. Tell them to change the wastegate parameter or wastegate scalar value to 40% in all gears. That will take your boost down to to a moderate level ~14-15# if you still intend to use the stock solenoid. Or you can change your boost setting in the chip. Either or are both EASY changes. HTH

what KR? IF NUMBERS ARE LOW DONT WORRY ABOUT IT. ITS GOT TO BE FUN.

WHAT MODS, WHAT OCTANE,XYLENE?

What is up with those HD actuator springs??
Is it true that they don't allow you to adjust the boost below 17 psi or something like that right? It seems it would be better to use a die to put threads on an OEM actuator if that is the case??