Cant Hook

My opinion

I feel the most imnportant items are:
In order of importance!

#1 Tires, I didn't realize how used my tires were even though they still had plenty of rubber left. The carcus had broken down, and the rubber was much harder than the new tires. Same compound.
I also feel tubes should be used to stiffen the side wall, or stiff sidewall tires should be used for our cars.

#2 Sway bar, You HAVE to equalize the weight each tire applies during launch. As you can see my car leaves straight, no leaning. Air bags are a bandaide.

#3 shocks rear adjustable
#4 Converter/Tune/Cam
#5 lower control arms
#6 upper control arms adjustable
#7 Front shocks

I feel pinion angle has nothing to do with traction, only mechanical efficency.
The more mechanically efficent the more power applired to the ground.

I feel I'm close to my 60' limit for the power I make.

At this point it's time for me to start changing the instant center, but untill i install a ford 9" :: Art Morrison Enterprises - Bolt On Suspension :: with alot of diffrent control arm locations I'm limited to front end rise tuning, rear shock tuning, minor sway bar adjustments, and tire pressures, and a 2 step for find that sweet spot in the power band.

Any time the front ends rises too much you'r wasting time.
I have so much footage of David Wolfe of Wolfe Racecraft's car and it's alwas the same the front tires barely lift. He is a local at the track I race at. Wolfe Race Craft - Home Page

OK...I have brand new ET Drags on the car...HRParts Bar...adj shocks front and back...billet LCA's...still have stock uppers...probably invest in some adjustables...as for tune I'm still working on it...just installed XFI...as for the tires didn't you notch the frame so you could run bigger tires...do you think you would have gotten the same results if you had just replaced the tires that were on there before notching the frame...

Tires

Yes, I think I could have achived the same times with a smaller tire at my power level. I don't think the notch was a waste of time or money though, as I have plans for a SBC turbo next year. The tires just need tubes to keep the tire from smashing too much on initial launch and springing back up and unloading the tires. Post some videos of your launch mabe we can figure it out.