You can type here any text you want

car breaks up at 5200 rpm

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Running beehives @6200 rpm been 6700 a few times proper installation and verifying spring pressure is critical.

Running beehives @6200 rpm been 6700 a few times proper installation and verifying spring pressure is critical.
I have not been lucky with my beehives , I have been chasing a 5 month problem with them and looks like the beehives will be making honey some where elese real soon .

It's all about matching components for your application. If your running more lift than the springs are rated for you will run into problems sooner or later. There is even more to it then that, but you get the idea.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Forgot to mention i run a rev kit which does add anywhere up to 800 additional rpm.I would have bison get you the right set for your cam.

May be Brian can tell you about the spring replacement... I would stay away from Beehive, it is more like 5 0r 6 guys with same problem...

Those springs are the pac 1218 beehives; they will not give you the adequate pressure with a larger cam. Beehives shouldn't be thrown under the bus; they are a fine spring if the correct set is used to work with your cam and boost. I know of a few cars making 900+hp with beehives. It turns out the 1218 just doesn't have enough open pressure for most roller cam lobes and boost. If you had the 26918 comp beehives, the results would be better, but I would definitely use a conventional spring when deciding on new springs.​
Finding the correct spring is not rocket science. I would definitely change those beehives soon.​

Attachments

• wm038.jpg
    wm038.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 79
It turns out the 1218 just doesn't have enough open pressure for most roller cam lobes and boost.
Thanks for the info , the beehives are coming off real soon , they look like a good concept but on my application they suck with my cam and boost .

Back