You can type here any text you want

Car Cover Sources

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Lee_Burough

..Never Forget..
Staff member
For the TTA FAQ List, a summary of reports from board members about car covers follows:

Captain Mark said:
I have a California Car Cover. Works OK.

paccio said:
I got the my cover from johns performance. Nice cover has

TTA logo patch in the front. I have my build # sewn just below

the patch in the front.:D Nice and big to the sides hook under

the body and almost covers the wheels. I think it was $190 or so….Very happy with the fit and quality

Renthorin said:
I have a CarMotorsports cover and love it. It is on my GN but hey.... same company right? :-)

I got the GN logo embroidered on the nose.

It has done the best job of keeping dust off the car and I have tried several. http://community.webshots.com/photo...247441380DklJCW

mark b said:
Isn't the Car Motorsports one lifetime guaranteed? It was when I bought mine. That's a HUGE difference because any cover is going to wear out when used outdoors. I've used Covercraft and other brand-name ones and they typically won't last more than 3-4 years….Check their warranty.

davege said:
ChicagoTTA,
I have a Car Motorsports one which came with my Hardtop Car. They are nice for keeping weather off the car but not soft at all. I actually use a Plush Weave cover from California Car cover under it to protect the finish and keep the dust off the car.

The Car Motorsports looks cool with the Hardtop's Car number on it. The cover fits good.

- Dave

0to60n4.5 said:
I assume immediate need means outside storage. Sorry to hear that. My cover was a generic fit ,but nice material , if going on a clean dry car. Only $30.00 @ Menards which is a Home Depot / Lowes sort of building material store. Go figure them having car covers. I bought a jetski and motorcycle cover there also.

Loose fitting on car so must be indoors - no wind / rain . Keeps dust off and I am the only one that sees it so doesn't have to have logos and be pretty.

The hump in the back is the old fashioned phone antenna that previous owner put on back in "89" . Thanks Dude.

link to pic:
CAR%20COVER.JPG

Go ahead and post new information if you have it. :)

i got mine from john's performance... only has the tta logo on it. definatly made to fit the tta... tight fit. no problems with it yet...

My Review:

I bought one of the Carsmotorsports. It's nice for indoor and has great sun protection. It's also very easy to clean . . . you can put it in your washer, or put it on the car and spray it from the roof down and it'll dry in less than a hour (depending on outside temp).

I got mine this spring. When I'd drive my car to work during the Hot Texas Summer, I'd cover it and crack the windows. By 5:00 when it was 95-100 degrees outside, the inside of the car was the same temp as outside, if not cooler . . . unlike the 150-190 that it can get in a car sitting in the sun.

The only problem I have is that it's awfully thin and light. It comes with straps to keep it on in the wind, however the cover does move too much and it did take the paint off the edge of my rear spoiler during a crazy windy day. I didn't really care because the spoiler looks like crap anyway, but when it gets replaced I'll have to come up with a solution for this. I'll probably sew a piece of terry cloth around that part.

I still have my cover from Beverly Hills Motoring Accessories Company.
I only bought it back in 1989!
Not sure if they are still around.
I also place 3 moving blankets over the car cover, in line, not on top of each other, to protect the car, in case I set anything on the car.

George:cool:

lol

Mine is what WalMart sells.

I didnt even find it, my folks found it one day and called me, technically its for a 91-92 bird but works wonderfully on my car. This was like when I bought it 6 yrs or so ago

Works good and is breathable, etc.

later
Jeremy

Back