car misses under boost

F

faster1

Car runs fine on the street set at 17 lbs of boost with 009 injectors and 45psi fuel pressure.

At 20-22 lbs boost with c16 and 50 PSI base fuel pressure it seems to miss in WOT in 3rd. The boost drops to 15 from 20 then goes back up again . There is no knock when this is happening. Could it be that the car is too rich? Someone told me it could be a rich pop, but I've never heard of this before. O2 at WOT in 3rd are around .84 when this seems to happen. Any thoughts?

Oh yah the turbo is a TE-44

check

spark plugs, wire, or coil, you are not getting enough spark, that is why car misses.

Plugs are new, checked the coilpack, I will check the wires when I get home. Would this casuse my boost to dive? How come I don't have this problem at 17 psi on pump gas? Anyone else have any ideas?

What scan tool are you using? .84 on the O2 #'s is pretty dang rich, maybe you should try backing the fuel pressure down back to around 45psi with the race gas.

Also, how did you check the coil pack? I've seen several ohm in the "good" range & fail miserably with a Casper's CCCI tester. Also pull the coil pack & look at the connections to the ignition module, make sure there is no corrosion (water seepage) or goo from the coil pack going bad.

Doug C.

I also had a pop above 22psi and read something some where about re-gapping the plugs from .035 to .032, i did that and the popping went away
Mike
87 GN 11.72/114