car popping on little to no boost?

ulose2av6

well another dandy car now pops with little to no boost? anyone have suggestions. bad gas,bad maf,coil module. Seems like it is popping thru intake. You can almost tell when to get off the gas as you can here the bogging under light load

Usually when a car backfires through intake it means the car is too lean. When it backfires through exhaust it means car is too rich. I noticed on my car when I had a miscalibrated MAF that during part throttle acceleration my O2s were EXTREMELY low(i.e. less than .100) It would sometimes backfire through intake. Fixed the MAF with an LT1 MAF and translator and with some tuning it runs perfect. HTH

I still say check your coilpack before you do anything else....it will take 2 minutes at the most and only tool required is a multimeter.

found out what problem was # 2 cylinder wire was melted through causing arcing. ahhh those applied headers

Originally posted by billsgn
I still say check your coilpack before you do anything else....it will take 2 minutes at the most and only tool required is a multimeter.

What are the steps to checking the coil pack with a multimeter?