You can type here any text you want

Car pulling to the right at WOT.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

forcedfedv6

Banned
The car drives normal at cruise on freeways and street, but last time i was at the track I noticed that it pulls hard to the right at WOT on Top end, so much that I had to keep the steering wheel at around 10am CC wise to keep it from the wall, do i need a front end alingment for drag racing or whats the deal, remember this does not happen at normal speed or crusing just at WOT on top end at the track, car ran 10.93@122 with a 1.52 short sixty. I had 11PSI on the rear tires and 36psi on the skinnies up front.

thanks much.

Just a guess.

With only 11 psi in the tires, they'll get quite a bit taller, the faster they go. If one tire was in the sun before the run, it might have more psi than the other side. They might be growing at different rates on the big end of the track.

Nice run.

To verify the above post, just put a lot more pressure in the rear tires and take it for a drive. Get tires warmed up then stomp it from highway speed. Does it still do it? Tire dimensions shouldn't change much under these conditions and should tell you if the tires are causing it.

Simply swap the two rear tires side to side on consecutive runs to verify or eliminate the rear tires as the problem, if the above method doesn't tell you what you want to know.

You Might Want To Check That All The Rear Control Arms And Bushings Are Good.also Check For Slotted Bolt Holes On The Frame.sometimes The Bolts Are Loose And They Tend To Slot The Hole.

Back