car smokes at idle...any ideas?

Rippin_V6

I'm gonna floor it!!!!
I just noticed it today. When I let it idle for awhile(a minute or more) it starts to smoke blue a little bit. The car just turned 40,000 miles and the turbo has maybe 2000 miles on it. Could it be a bad turbo seal? Oh, my oil pressure is 25lbs idle and around 40-45 cruise if that helps any.

RIPPIN.... I was wondering what kind of times you are running. We have almost identical mods and mileage. Except I have a turbo TA and a TA 49 turbo. We also share the same problem with smoke as mine is doing the same thing. I took it to the dealership and they couldn't find the problem and proceeded to say it might be a cracked piston but my plugs are clean. I will try another shop in this area who works on GN's often and see what they say. I was told that its probably the turbo seal also so we'll se what happens ...
GOOD LUCK!!

Ok, so what do I do now? Do I have to have the whole turbo rebult or can I just get a seal put in? NUFSAID, I'll let ya know my times on Saturday. I only ran this combo maybe 6 times on 17lbs and it went 13.0?@106. I'm now running 22lbs on alchy and it feels really strong so we'll see what happens I guess:)

Rippin, bear in mind that these motors do not have exhaust valve seals installed. At 40,000 miles, and considerable age on the OEM intake seals, this could definitely be an issue. Have someone properly check the endplay and horizontal shaft movement on the turbo before you jump to a rebuild on that.

Also, DEFINITELY make sure your machine shop, if necessary, properly machines your crank for the proper rod and main bearing clearances. This is the source of at least 75% of pissed-off rebuild customers with our cars.

Good luck.

turbo...borrow a friends know good one for an hour, if yours isn't obviously shot.
rings
valve guides
check for intake leak