You can type here any text you want

Car starts to break-up at WOT or higher load ONLY after driving around for awhile.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Blevins

Been trying to diagnose an issue im having with my TR. After driving it around for awhile... just out cruising around and i do a WOT pull it will start to break up. Let it cool down and its good for a warm up to temp and get a couple rips in it maybe... Seems heat is playing a major role. I've heard of the coil and ign modules going bad due to heat. Any help or advise would be appreciated. Fairly new to these cars so dont know their common problems or the ins and outs of them....

I recently had the same issue. The car would make a couple of good runs and then start to break up on some later ones. We tested my coil pack at Richard's during G Body nationals and we found that it would get a "skip" in it under load when warm. Went thru two other coils (one from advance and one from oreillys and I remember one was a Borg Warner but don't remember the other brand) with both being worse when I checked them at Richard's. Finally bought a high output coil from Brian at G Body and it has worked great.

It will do it at different RPM. I have had it do it right when i step into it and it starts to build boost and ive had it cut mid gear... ive also had it go through 2nd then once in 3rd itll cut. So its not consistent thats for sure. The only consistency it has is doing it after its been running longer or after hard runs as described above.

Remove the ignition module and see if it has melted goo inside

Bryan

Had another "used" factory ac delco coil and ign module here and tried it. Hasn't done it sense. Hope i've found the gremlin!

Back