You can type here any text you want

car will not start after install

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jcawley3

I installed a new chip....started car, running fine so I was putting everything back together when the powerlogger got hung on something and was pulled out a little on one side, the car started stumbling...I realized what happened and pushed the powerlogger back on...car shut off....now the car will not start..it turns over and sounds like its trying to start but dies....almost like it has no fuel.....hope you can understand kind of hard to explain typing....thanks -John

When you turn the key forward does the service engine soon light come on? DO you hear the fuel pump?

Check the fuses at the fuse box if all good, pull off the powerlogger and see if it starts. Pull off the orange wire at the battery and plug it back in when your done. You need to listen for the pump too.

ok, will try in the morning.....its been so long since I put that powelogger on I could not remember if I could just pull it off and try it or not.....thanks

You can;t pull it off without taking the ecm out of the metal case. You will damage it.

ok, all fuses are good, can hear fuel pump running, took powerlogger off......samething.?.

any idea's? I really want to be in reynolds next week! need help. thanks John

Go to vortex buick and use the trouble shooting chart. I would check for fuel, injector pulse and spark. What is the TPS voltage reading?

At least i got to enjoy viewing the 167 pictures of your car..........:rolleyes:

Back