Car Won't Start... no fuel pressure

F

Four-Four-Two

Here's the story:

I came outside afterwork yesterday and started my car. I forgot to clock out, so I was walking up to the door, and I heard my car die out. (Does that sometimes when its cold and I don't rev it at all) I clock out and come back to the car and try and start it, and it just cranks and cranks. I turned the key to "on" and heard the fuel pump turn on, so I checked the end of the fuel rail, and sure enough, no pressure. I pulled the end off of the fuel filter, turned the key on for a sec and turned it off, gas sprayed out(pressurized) So the pump works (3 week old Walbro 307), the fuel filter is brand new (put on the correct way). Still no fuel pressure. :mad: Tried starting a few times, but it just cranks.

Whats wrong?

A guy at my shop guessed that an injector might be stuck open, not allowing pressure to build, or the pressure regulator is screwed up.

Since it has presure at the filter and it's a new filter and it started the first time, I would check the regulator first.

Just my .02

I agree, regulator. If it was a stuck injector, it'd still start 'cause there's fuel getting into the motor, might not run real good though.

Just for my reference , how do you check a regulator? Can you smack lightly a few times with a wrench?

Just wondering.

Ron

Easiest way I know is to swap it. It only take a few minutes. If you don't have a spare, look in the junk yards. 89-91 FWD cars with the 3800 engine have the 237 regulator on them that is a direct replacement for the stock reg.(fac. on TTA's). Give it a shot!

I have a 237 regulator at home, so I will try putting that in. I am also going to ohm out the injectors to see what I get from them. My car is inside a locked gate at work, and I don't have a key, so I have to wait untill monday to fix it. :mad: