You can type here any text you want

car won't start now

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hawaiian Turbo

POWER'D BY BUD LIGHT
I have an 86 T and installed a turbo'd SBC. Car was running fine, then all at once AF went to high 9's to 10. After that I had to turn off the fuel pump until it started, then turn it on. Now won't start at all. Seems like the FAST is pulsing the injectors all the time. I can hear the MSD box beeping and I felt the injectors, they're pulsing along with the beep. Took out the 83's to see if it was a stuck injector, same results with the 42's. After I turned the fuel pump off, it used to hold pressure, now it goes straight to zero. Pulled plugs and they're all wet. One time even had flames coming out of the downpipe while trying to start. Think I should send the box back to have it checked? Any ideas??

Thanks, Paul

The pump should not hold pressure unless you have a check ball installed or do not run a return line.

Was th 02 correcting to make the 9.0 A/F when it was warm? Check timing??

No check ball installed, and I have a return, I just thought that it was a contributing factor since it used to hold before. The O2 was trying to correct @25. Engine was 170 .Come to think of it, I didn't shoot the timing:rolleyes: I'll check it out.
Thanks for the reply.

If the FAST is pulsing the injectors while the engine is sitting still, then I think something is wrong with the FAST or maybe whatever is feeding it crank sensor signals. If you just turn the key on, wait a few seconds, and turn it back off, and pull a spark plug, is it wet? If so, change your oil :-). Does the FAST think the rpm is greater than zero while the engine is sitting still? Anyway, I think you need to call FAST on this one.

Thanks for the thoughts and replies guys. I borrowed my friends FAST and it started right up. Switched it back and no start. Good thing we had a spare on the island. I would have been STILL chasing this thing. I burnt a brand new mini starter too.
I'm not sure if there's a warranty or anything like that. Anyone have an idea? I'll check the site and give them a call.
Thanks again!!!

Paul

That's a weird one, for sure. I would have guessed that for some reason, the ECM thought the engine was running.

What happened when you plugged in C-Com? Did it show an RPM and pulsewidth?

-Bob Cunningham

It showed no RPM and no pulse witdh. I was looking for that so I could see if it was actually pulsing the injectors. It's funny, the ingnition made that same sound (beeping)with the Gen 6 system, and come to find out, the wrong dist. was sent. The car never ran with the Gen 6 either. So close and yet so far.......

Back