You can type here any text you want

car won't stay running in gear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I recently started having this problem after the car is warmed up and I put in gear and go driving when I come to a light or stop the car wants to stall light hesitation when first take off and then it's gone my iac is reading 120-130 and my bl read 118 thanks for any help and happy father's day to all the father's

I recently started having this problem after the car is warmed up and I put in gear and go driving when I come to a light or stop the car wants to stall light hesitation when first take off and then it's gone my iac is reading 120-130 and my bl read 118 thanks for any help and happy father's day to all the father's

The iac is way to high, try setting it to 15 - 25

It will be best to set the tps to .38 until you get the iac set. Keep an eye on the tps setting as you make adjustments to the iac it will change as you do, so don't let it get out of range of .38 - .44. Once you get the iac done go back and reset the tps to .42 key on engine off.

Don't forget to check the tps for a steady graduation of resistance on your ohm meter while you are it.

What is the best way to reset and readjust the iac I never did it before I backed the idle screw all the way back and the idle stayed the same

OK no matter how far the idle screw is in or out the iac stays at around 110 -120 and I have unplugged the ecm wire what else could this be

OK no matter how far the idle screw is in or out the iac stays at around 110 -120 and I have unplugged the ecm wire what else could this be

Did you follow the procedure in the link ?

Especially where it said this;

Often, on stock set ups, about 1-1 1/2 threads of the adjustment screw will emerge thru on the lever side of the throttle body.

Last edited:
Yes I followed the instructions I have a 70mm throttle body could it be the sensor bad oh yeah I have 3.5 maf and translator

Yes I followed the instructions I have a 70mm throttle body could it be the sensor bad oh yeah I have 3.5 maf and translator

It could be the sensor. How old is that one? Anyone live near you with a turbo buick who would let you swap parts to see. It could get expensive buying parts if you don't know for sure there bad.

I have a 70mm tb also and have 3-4 threads showing thru

OK thanks to everyone that helped put in my other sensor and all is good it goes between 15 -27 and tps set at 40 thanks once again

OK thanks to everyone that helped put in my other sensor and all is good it goes between 15 -27 and tps set at 40 thanks once again

Back