You can type here any text you want

Carb questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

151 racer

Can any Q-jet be used on a 78 turbo motor or are they specfic to the turbo v-6? Also has anyone tried a spreadbore Holley on their turbo V-6? Is it even possible to do this?

thanks in advance

turbo quadrajets have a power valve that responds to boost pressure, as far as i know that is the only internal difference

turbo quadrajets have a power valve that responds to boost pressure, as far as i know that is the only internal difference

X1 Yep the "feedback" turbo Q-jets have an enrichment circuit. Holley spread bore can be used, just have to tune it for proper AFR. IMO for drawthru turbo I'd run a Q-jet all the time everytime.

X1 Yep the "feedback" turbo Q-jets have an enrichment circuit. Holley spread bore can be used, just have to tune it for proper AFR. IMO for drawthru turbo I'd run a Q-jet all the time everytime.

I'm sure Aj will chime in here, but you can use the Holley but you have to make some changes to the power valve to make it work. It's refered to a as a boost reference valve set up. The Q-jet does have some differences and as soon as I get the time I'll be posting the teardown and build on the non ECM one I have so everyone can tell the differences.

Back