You can type here any text you want

Carb Turbo Racing Association.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
We've talked about doing something like this before and I know there's more out there that might join, if we, as a group, decide to actually start something like this. As a possible other name it could also be call Carb Turbo Association for Racing & Performance, or CTARP. Not the most interesting name I know but I thought a little brainstorming about this might be fun and lead to a possible group that would be able to provide info on draw through and blow through systems in general as well as more recognition for our sadly ignored designs and antique systems.

Basic rules would of course be, it has to be about engines, either running a draw through or blow through carb turbo system, and automotive based. That would keep the tech mostly for street legal or race cars and not be some of the interesting "creations" that are out there. One of the other reasons for this is to be able to get some discounts on parts and assistance hopefully from after market sources.;)

I'd like to hear from others on this before I even try doing it. I was thinking about starting a facebook page just for this and see if others would want to join up. Doesn't matter if it's a Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, or even an import. It's about sharing info on the designs and helping each other out.:cool:

Doesn't matter if it's a Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, or even an import. It's about sharing info on the designs and helping each other out.:cool:

As long as it has a carb...... lmao.

However, isnt there already an abundence of "Carb" related info out there particularly if your "Blow Thru" ? just look at "turboforum"

i think for this to have any impact on our particular system... we need to emphasize the fact were "Draw Thru"

something like "Draw-Thru Performance Group" or "Vintage Turbo Systems of America" or "Antique Turbo Association"

or " Association of Stubborn Turbo Technology" <<<<<<<< I am really liking this one!

LOL At least it's a start to get this disussed. I also posted this on GNttype and 301 garage. Keller came up with one but I don't think the "name" crapt would be what we want to discribe us.o_O

Well that makes 4 so far. Canadian Nascar is the 4th one. If more are willing to respond that they want in I'll see about starting up a facebook page first and then see if a friend of mine will help me design a site for us.

Cool. After the Lesabre I will build another B4B Stocker...maybe clone an 80 Sport Coupe for my wife...

Not sure how we would organize it since nobody lives within 500 miles of each other but its something to look into!

the reason were all so far apart.

were all just a little toooo nutty for most people, and thus there is a rare occurance of "people" like us. you find one about.... every 500 miles. o_O

I wouldn't say we're "nutty" but I think there's more out there like us that want something unique. We just need to get a group of us together so we can work out the bugs that have been in the design from the beginning.;)

I wouldn't say we're "nutty" but I think there's more out there like us that want something unique. We just need to get a group of us together so we can work out the bugs that have been in the design from the beginning.;)
Like an intercooler? Lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Not unless you want to see a large explosion.:p Internally cooled air fuel mixtures don't always work right.;)

Lowering the temp of a hydrocarbon will increase its volatility?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Lowering the temp of a hydrocarbon will increase its volatility?

Fuel drop out issues can cause larger drops and liquid to build up. At that point it goes into the turbine as an incomplete burn and will ignite in the either the exhaust housing or down pipe. Carb turbo cars were known for burning down if they ran to rich or leaked fuel on the intake. I actually saw one in a junk yard many years ago. Down pipe got so hot it melted and caught the car on fire.o_O

Charlie's right.... but there is a sort of intercooler in the works. Ive been playing with using commercial heater cores run with a dry ice/alky fluid mix in a plenum under the turbo based on some roots blower intercooling methods. test results have been good so far but they dont correct or help any of the issues associated with the stupid 90* foot. I have to improve the housing flow first before anything worth a crap is gonna happen though.

Back