You can type here any text you want

Carb?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well, it's VERY ugly, has a forward type inlet and a mechanical choke.

I'd pass.

I would also pass on that one. Its is from an Olds 307. It has something called an idle load compensator on it. Dont know what it does but you dont need it. Eric Fisher

Eric,

I think the one from the .307 should work. The idle load compensator should be removed and the Buick ISC should take its place.

In any case it has to be rebuilt. Any carb that's been stored for sometime should be replaced. My carb came off of an '83 turbo that had went up in flames, (the carb that is).

The guy use to write on this forum and sold it to me for $30.00. I rebuilt and modified it for an extra $15.00 investment and now she rips!! :eek:

It's been a couple of years and the carb has yet to fail me. :D :cool:

Hey Freddie, Your right. I should have remembered that as I did the same thing on an 81 I had about 10 years ago. The float bowl and throttle body look about the same between the carbs. Since the 81 spun a rod bearing shortly after I converted it I dont know how well it ran on the street. It started and idled in the driveway real good though. Eric

Well ok guys i bid on it but do any of you have pics of the things that have to be swapped? i'm really not sure what you are talking about (Load compensator , ISC), Thanks for any info

Patrick

The idle load compensator is on the throttle shaft of the Ebay carb you're bidding on. The ISC is on the throttle shaft of your OEM Duel Jet carb.

Both yours and the Ebay carb are the same carb. Only that the Ebay carb is of the four barrel design for a four barrel intake.

When installing the Ebay carb, remove the Idle Load Compenstar on the throttle shaft and replace it with the Duel Jet's ISC. The wiring on your Buick will work on the Ebay Q-Jet. Good Luck!!

:cool:

Back