You can type here any text you want

Carbon Fiber hood

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Dreamcar86

Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer that makes a GN Carbon Fiber hood? I have a friend who purchased one for his all wheel drive DSM and the thing only weighs 11 pounds. If we could find them for the hood and trunk lid that would shed some serious weight.

I think Jack Cotton has a source on these.
There is a company in Canada making a lot a CF stuff.
Sorry I lost the contact information.

I think Jack Cotton has a source on these.
There is a company in Canada making a lot a CF stuff.
Sorry I lost the contact information.

Thank you! That gets me pointed in the right direction. Just finished reading this thread that gave me many other ideas as well.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...ction-question.html?highlight=fiberglass+hood

It appears that fiberglass is not that much heavier than than the carbon fiber parts. The only thing that I hear bad about the fiberglass is that the quality and fit lacks. I really hate paying top dollar for parts that have you spending hours to make them look presentable.

Expect a Carbon Fiber anything to cost a huge amount of money right now since its popularity in aerospace has kicked off with the 787 Dreamliner, the JSF, the Premier Buisness Jet, and many many more composite applications. Right now there is a shortage of it world wide and thats making stuff like this go up just as the cost of Copper is raising the cost of all the electrical products and Steel causing all the old cars to be crushed.

Expect a Carbon Fiber anything to cost a huge amount of money right now since its popularity in aerospace has kicked off with the 787 Dreamliner, the JSF, the Premier Buisness Jet, and many many more composite applications. Right now there is a shortage of it world wide and thats making stuff like this go up just as the cost of Copper is raising the cost of all the electrical products and Steel causing all the old cars to be crushed.

That is a good point that I did not take into consideration. I could most likely spend money in better places.

If you really want a CF hood I "might" know somebody that has one for sale... Reason I say "might" is I'm not sure if he already sold it.. Let me know if you're really interested and I can find out for you.

Bare in mind I believe he paid around a grand for it and I'm sure that is what he will most likely want for it considering these are as rare as hen's teeth.

Does anyone know if there is a manufacturer that makes a GN Carbon Fiber hood? I have a friend who purchased one for his all wheel drive DSM and the thing only weighs 11 pounds. If we could find them for the hood and trunk lid that would shed some serious weight.

Year One used to offer one, but it is not on their website now. You might want to give them a call and see if they can tell you who the manufacturer is.

If you really want a CF hood I "might" know somebody that has one for sale... Reason I say "might" is I'm not sure if he already sold it.. Let me know if you're really interested and I can find out for you.

Bare in mind I believe he paid around a grand for it and I'm sure that is what he will most likely want for it considering these are as rare as hen's teeth.

A grand is a little steep. I appreciate the offer however for that price I can offset the weight issue with go fast parts.

Year One used to offer one, but it is not on their website now. You might want to give them a call and see if they can tell you who the manufacturer is.

I never would have thought that Year One would have carried something like that. Do you remember what they were asking by chance?

I never would have thought that Year One would have carried something like that. Do you remember what they were asking by chance?

It's been a while since I looked at it, so my memory is a bit vague. I believe it was advertised for $799 (give or take a hundred).

Back