You can type here any text you want

Carrillo Rod Bolts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jeff Rand

Just noticed that Carrillo uses two different lenghts on their rod bolts(SPS-WMC6) for my stage1 off center. Does anyone know the orientation for these bolts? I was thinking that the shorter bolt would go on the side of the rod that has the machined notch for the bearing.
Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff, I think the shorter bolt goes on the "inside", wherre the shoulder of the rod big-end would be clearanced so as not to hit the cam in a stroker application.

Mac, the bolts do not extend far enough to create any clearance problems.You cannot see the the end of the bolt if you look at the threaded area of the rod.
Jeff

The short bolt does go on the cam side. Are the rods new? Some rods that were used on short stroke cranks did not need to be clearanced for the cam. They will still have the short bolt on that side. If you are using them on long stroke engine you may have some grinding to do.
Bill

Thanks Bill, it is a strocked stage 1 and I did have to do some grinding on the top of the bolt for clearance. The rods were on center and Carrillo shaved off one side to fit my off center. What I do not understand is the head on the bolts are the same and the threaded portion of the bolt is longer but not long enough to extend out of the rod. There is no possible way the threaded part of the bolt can hit the cam. I will follow your advice and place the longer bolt toward the cam.
Jeff

Jeff, I think you mean the longer bolt goes toward the pan rail. Head goes on the bottom...no, wait...if the engine's upside down, the head goes on top. But the shorter bolt still goes...

I'll get back to you.:D

Jeff
It has been a while since I did a stage 1 motor but I do remember that the short bolts go toward the cam ( with some grinding) when you carrillo rods.

REG

Back