Cars pulls harder at 1/3 throttle

D

Datsunboy

Guys, I dont know what the deal is but most of the time my car pulls harder at 1/3 throttle than it does at WOT. It feels like its bogging or something under WOT. I dont think its pulling timing but I am not totally sure.

Do you guys know if anyone burns chips for less than 92 octane fuel? Unfortunately in boondocks USA pumpgas isnt more than 91.

Little stumped here, sometimes it pulls and runs great, other times its WEAK.

I will be replacing my MAF shortly with the translator combo and an 87 ecu. I did the whack test and the idle changed. Otherwise its reading somewhat normally.

Not sure where to go with this. Ill be checking my TPS for flat spots tonight.

My car also hesistates and sputters coming out of the driveway (alot). After i get on it most of that goes away. I am going to replace the coolant temp sensor too, seems to be a little fishy as wel.

Thanks guys - Evna

Could be MAFs.

Could be fuel pressure reg.. Can you tell if fuel pressure is reacting to vacume/boost like it should? Also, make sure the vac hose to the regulator is intact.

Interesting discovery tonight. Car either has a bad temp sensor, or Tstat stuck open because its not going into open loop under WOT. Ill start with the sensor. THe Tstat is new, so i think the sensor is the problemo. I was running around 100 last night and temps never went over 130 degrees.

Thanks guys - Evan

Evan, Amoco sells 93 octane and Clark sells 110 leaded. Good Luck.

John