You can type here any text you want

Cars with 325's on the rear

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BoostedBug

Contents Under Pressure
If you have a car, know of a car that has these tires on it I would love to see a picture or two of them.

I am about to pull the trigger on doing this and I am trying to get everything right the fist time.

As of now I am wanting to use a 5 1/2 backspaced wheel as I want to try and keep my wheel well lip.

Please if you have some pics and details offer them up here...I would like to get this done within the next month.. and still have to order wheels and tires..

100_0371.jpg
100_0391.jpg

325_back_1.jpg

Quint20Rear-2.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I think I am going to just go with the 295/60/15

I think I can get it under the wheel well lip and I like for my car to sit kinda level..

be aware the WH1 ( Bannings car) pictured above has a frame notch , not sure if the others pictured are notched but i wold imigine they are

No notching here but IMO with tires that big you should.

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 628
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 600
back1.jpg

Here's mine. No mods to the body, just airbags like I mentioned in your other thread. They stick out a bit far but I 100% did not want to do a notch, so I just let them stick out. If you don't mind doing it then you can get them to sit further under the car.

325s.gif

Thanks for the pictures. I think I am going to just go with the 295/60/15
I think I can get it under the wheel well lip and I like for my car to sit kinda level..

The 295/60 ur talking about...I think it's not 295/60 but 295/65. I got Bogart D10 wheels with a bs of 5 & they are huge & stick out a little :( I think 1/2 " more bs should get them inside. Post some pics when ur done.

You have any pictures of your car with those tires on it? And you are correct on that tire size.

Part # Size Size Equivalent Appx.Weight Compound ApprovedRims MeasuringRim SidewallWidth TreadWidth OverallDiameter Circ

3762R P295/65R15 30 X 12.50R15 38 R2 8.0-10.0 8.5 11.9 10.9 30.0 94

3757R P325/50R15 28 X 13.50R15 37 R2 9.0-12.0 10.0 13.1 11.6 28.0 87

With the diffrence in these 2 sizes i think the tire will sit inside the wheel well. The 325 was measured with a 1 1/2 wider rim and was 28" tall. I think by measureing the 295 with a 10" rim instead of a 8 1/2" it might pull it down just a little. Only 1lb weight diffrence and I know by stretching the wheel out to 10" is going to give a little more tread sextion but it still should be managable. I just like for a tire to sit in the wheel well and not out of it.

What are your thoughts on this? I am off base?

You have any pictures of your car with those tires on it? And you are correct on that tire size.

Part # Size Size Equivalent Appx.Weight Compound ApprovedRims MeasuringRim SidewallWidth TreadWidth OverallDiameter Circ

3762R P295/65R15 30 X 12.50R15 38 R2 8.0-10.0 8.5 11.9 10.9 30.0 94

3757R P325/50R15 28 X 13.50R15 37 R2 9.0-12.0 10.0 13.1 11.6 28.0 87

With the diffrence in these 2 sizes i think the tire will sit inside the wheel well. The 325 was measured with a 1 1/2 wider rim and was 28" tall. I think by measureing the 295 with a 10" rim instead of a 8 1/2" it might pull it down just a little. Only 1lb weight diffrence and I know by stretching the wheel out to 10" is going to give a little more tread sextion but it still should be managable. I just like for a tire to sit in the wheel well and not out of it.

What are your thoughts on this? I am off base?

Out ! I forgot to say that my wheels are 10" w. It does not bring the tire down & even if it does it should be so little U won't noticed. Summit Racing had a misprint on their catalog when I bought them. They said they were 295/60, when they arrived to my surprise they were 295/65 :eek: That 5 has so much impact. Drag radials size #'s are so diff from regular radials even if they're the same #. They're always bigger !! :mad: My frame has been notch also. My car is @ the shop rt now but I have some side & rear view pics that U might see how they look but I don't know how to post them :redface: . Tell me how. BTW I like the tires to sit in the wheel well and not out of it also. ;)

you can email me them and I will post them here for you
turbo6@bellsouth.net

or you can sign up for photobucket.com and upload your pics there adn then just compy the img file it creates in your post and they will show up.

To post pics, start a new thread and scroll down to manage attachments ,click on that and hit browse with your camera on and hooked to your computer find your pictures thru my computer mine come up as Sony memory stick, when you find the pics you want to post hit open and then upload ,after it loads you should see it under the managed attachments then hit preview post .. hope this gets you started very hard to explain but just keep trying and you will figure it out.

:frown: can't f#% post them :mad: :mad: pisses me off !! Everybody can except me & it isn't the 1st time I try !!! :mad: :mad: 1 more time...

MyprojectpartII007.jpg

Yeah !!! got It !!! :biggrin: Sorry 4 the size though :redface: Thanks !

Picture happy now !!! :eek: :biggrin:

MyprojectpartII013.jpg

Hope u can see. These r pics that I took when the body was recieved from the body shop. Complete frame off restorodding !!! :biggrin:

MyprojectpartII012.jpg

My wheels only have 4" backspacing. Normally the most backspacing you can do with no frame notch is about 4.75", so I could have had the wheels almost an inch further "in" to the wheel well with a different backspacing but my wheels did not come in many size options, 4" was the best backspacing I could get.

My wheels only have 4" backspacing. Normally the most backspacing you can do with no frame notch is about 4.75", so I could have had the wheels almost an inch further "in" to the wheel well with a different backspacing but my wheels did not come in many size options, 4" was the best backspacing I could get.

Adding to that...with frame notching I've read of some guys going up to 6" of BS ! :eek: I think Cal Hartline has 6" of BS. Not very sure about this w/o mini-tubbing though :confused:

Back