CAS V4S and General Intercooler Questions

V4s should be 3 more rows then stock and a bigger neck like the dutt neck 2.5" , good for high 10s, but nowhere near as good as the Pte slic that's been 9's which would be on par with the v4r.

The OP (SpeedRacerX) and I were PMing earlier and the info I found on my Mease 2.5 big neck 15 row (stock and a 1/2) is that my Mease I/C starts being a restriction in the mid 10's and his CAS V4S 14 row with its better core design should be a bit faster, but maybe that info was a bit optimistic.
I'm interested in this thread as well.

I know for a fact the Precision slic has been in the 9s.

The OP (SpeedRacerX) and I were PMing earlier and the info I found on my Mease 2.5 big neck 15 row (stock and a 1/2) is that my Mease I/C starts being a restriction in the mid 10's and his CAS V4S 14 row with its better core design should be a bit faster, but maybe that info was a bit optimistic.
I'm interested in this thread as well.

I actually just got some texts from him and I forgot he was moving, so that explains a little as to why the absence. He sent me pics of the IC and assured me he will ship it out tomorrow.

Btw Buick GX1 his core is like 22 or 23 rows. Not 14.

I actually just got some texts from him and I forgot he was moving, so that explains a little as to why the absence. He sent me pics of the IC and assured me he will ship it out tomorrow.

So "his", as in the guy you are doing the trade with and not me, must be a true V4 and not a V4S like mine given the number of rows his CAS has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

So "his", as in the guy you are doing the trade with and not me, must be a true V4 and not a V4S like mine given the number of rows his CAS has.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Oh yea, oops..i got my threads mixed up!

Attachments

• 17960_1513132823112.jpeg
    17960_1513132823112.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 17961_1513132826900.jpeg
    17961_1513132826900.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 76

Sorry for the confusion. I was referring to the one the OP has (V4S 14 row)

NO no no .. was just pointing out that he did a lot of 1 off stuff .. I know factually he did a lot of custom work and some got things that were a "BIT" different :)
That's exactly it, hard to tell what you get when everything is custom built, I do remember a looong waiting list like 6 months in some cases.

So how do I know if the V1 that I have is actually a V1, and not just a larger version of a V2 core?
My v1 dimensions were 16" height x 25"width 4" thick, the v2 was 13"x23"x3" in comparison . and some of the v1's were as much as 4.5" thick.

Sorry to beat this horse. Unlike what I thought, turns out I have a CAS V4S SLIC. The "S" must stand for short or small or stock-ish. I do not have the larger CAS V4 SLIC I thought I had. The V4S appears to be 13 rows and I'm sure the core is better than stock. And while that's 30% more than the stock IC, I don't think it will support my goals, hence my questions. (Correction: I have 14 rows).

1. How fast have guys been with a CAS V4S?
2. It's been supporting my TA49 today and my high-to-mid 11's but will it support me if I jump to a 6262 and have high 10s as a goal?
3. If I have to change out the CAS V4S SLIC, would a Precision SLIC stretch or big used stretch SLIC support me comfortably at high 10s or am I now looking for a front man, the fans and all that?

Car is 90% street with less than a half-dozen, 1/4-mile passes per year. We see hot temps and traffic here in NJ and the front mount concerns me but if the fans work, I wouldn't want to sacrifice power. Car runs about 165-170 most of the year and during the hottest Summer days with AC on and sitting still, it sees maybe 185-188.

End goal is a consistent mid-11s or better street car that once per year can click off a 10.8/10.9 at the track. I'd be a happy man if this were the case.
I'm looking for V4. Do you have one for sale? Or do you know anyone who does? Thanks...

Sorry to beat this horse. Unlike what I thought, turns out I have a CAS V4S SLIC. The "S" must stand for short or small or stock-ish. I do not have the larger CAS V4 SLIC I thought I had. The V4S appears to be 13 rows and I'm sure the core is better than stock. And while that's 30% more than the stock IC, I don't think it will support my goals, hence my questions. (Correction: I have 14 rows).

1. How fast have guys been with a CAS V4S?
2. It's been supporting my TA49 today and my high-to-mid 11's but will it support me if I jump to a 6262 and have high 10s as a goal?
3. If I have to change out the CAS V4S SLIC, would a Precision SLIC stretch or big used stretch SLIC support me comfortably at high 10s or am I now looking for a front man, the fans and all that?

Car is 90% street with less than a half-dozen, 1/4-mile passes per year. We see hot temps and traffic here in NJ and the front mount concerns me but if the fans work, I wouldn't want to sacrifice power. Car runs about 165-170 most of the year and during the hottest Summer days with AC on and sitting still, it sees maybe 185-188.

End goal is a consistent mid-11s or better street car that once per year can click off a 10.8/10.9 at the track. I'd be a happy man if this were the case.
I'm looking for V4. Do you have one for sale? Or do you know anyone who does? Thanks...
I do not. Sold mine in minutes. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk