You can type here any text you want

Casper's CCCI Tester

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Does it test the module and coils?

How do you use it?
take off plug wires and dissconnect the module. plug in tester and connect the positive and negative for the tester. turn the tester on and turn the knob to simulate rpm. then watch for any sputtering or weaker spark than the others. if you sputtering or a weak spark the take out screws on the coil pack and lift the coilpack off the module there you will see 3 blues on one side and a yellow, green and blue on the other. lets say the first coil pack tower has the miss then swith the 2 wires and retest. if the sputtering moves to the middle tower then the module is bad. if the problem stays on the first tower then the coil pack is bad.

U can..

also run a "short test".. Crank the rpm to max, and then put your pinkie on 1 post and the thumb on the opposite post...:eek::eek::D:D

It doesn't work with aftermarket parts and even with Delco stuff, checking with the tester is preliminary and not foolproof. Units that test good with the tester may still be bad. Only a WOT blast tells the tale for sure.

I love mine. Found 2 bad coils over the years with it. Also can test plug wires with the gap extenders they sell also. Eliminates alot of troubleshooting.

It doesn't work with aftermarket parts and even with Delco stuff, checking with the tester is preliminary and not foolproof. Units that test good with the tester may still be bad. Only a WOT blast tells the tale for sure.

I thought that it was 100% accurate for the stock AC/Delco type 1 ignition!

87Nat-
How do you test the wires with the extender. Should I buy that also?

CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.

You leave the wires hooked up to the coil but disconnect all of the boots from the plugs. You put the gap exteneder inline with each corresponding coil tower and turn on the tester. The gap will show the spark in between and let you know if the wires are good. Go to the PDF installation pic on the above link.

As far as RedRegal, he is right somewhat, nothing is foolproof. But their tester sure beats the hell out of an ohm meter for checking plugs and coil towers.

CEI - Casper's Electronics, Inc.

You leave the wires hooked up to the coil but disconnect all of the boots from the plugs. You put the gap exteneder inline with each corresponding coil tower and turn on the tester. The gap will show the spark in between and let you know if the wires are good. Go to the PDF installation pic on the above link.

As far as RedRegal, he is right somewhat, nothing is foolproof. But their tester sure beats the hell out of an ohm meter for checking plugs and coil towers.

Thanks for the link. I couldn't find it on their site.

Nothing I guess is 100% but for the AC/Delco type 1 ignition, this seems to be the best option by far:biggrin:

The tester is even great for entertaining freinds and family. "Look at the big blue sparks...but dont touch":eek::D

My shameless plug

I have one for sale.. 100 bucks shipped :D

I thought that it was 100% accurate for the stock AC/Delco type 1 ignition!

Nope! It's a good indicator you have a good unit most of the time, but I have had coilpak/ignition module units test good with the tester and still break up at WOT.

Back