Caspers Field fix install?

FastB

Been having battery/charging issues and decided to get the field fix harness. I understand how to hook it up to the Alternator but the other end that hooks up to the wastegate solenoid is a problem.
My car is an '85 GN with a '87 conversion done...basically the solenoid is supposed to be located over the passenger side valve cover...mine isn't there so it must have been removed. So, what do I hook up to?
Does the red connector (wastegate solenoid connector) need to be plugged into anything if mine is missing?

Still trying to locate my battery drain...used a amp gauge and there is a .050-.070 draw with kills the battery after a few days. I pulled the radio fuse, power brake fuse (fan relay delay is long gone)and it didn't solve the problem. And yes my volt light is working...however when I turn the key on the volt light isn't as bright as the others.

It's been blown out since I've had it...could it still be using power?
Yes it is possible, not likely but possible. Remove the bulb under the hood as well. Then start pulling fuses until the draw goes away. Factory theft deterrent?

Bryan

I have similar issues on my 84 t-type. My alternator light is also dim when I turn the key on the on position, also has a little delay when it's turning on. I've never checked for amperage draw but I do have an alarm installed. Where did u check for the amperage draw?

I just put a amp meter on the negative side of the battery and pulled the radio and power brake fuses...need to pull some more and narrow down the draw.
Not sure if it came with a alarm...I don't think it has one.

It's a '85 but hasn't been a hot air car since '05...'87 conversation.

It is the clk/cig fuse that's got the draw...now I get to figure out what it is...lots of stuff hooked up to this fuse.

I heard the lighter is a problem..I'm assuming I can just unplug the pwr from it to see if it stops the draw?

They twist an short out. (orange wire) , easy to replace..you need one for rador detector..;^)

It is the clk/cig fuse that's got the draw...now I get to figure out what it is...lots of stuff hooked up to this fuse.

I heard the lighter is a problem..I'm assuming I can just unplug the pwr from it to see if it stops the draw?
Hopefully some clown didnt connect your stereo to the cig power like was done to mine...fried the wiring all the way to the fuse block, melting its way into other wires...cost me a weekend replacing the harness...

Bryan

Hopefully some clown didnt connect your stereo to the cig power like was done to mine...fried the wiring all the way to the fuse block, melting its way into other wires...cost me a weekend replacing the harness...

Bryan

Not on GN but i've experienced that...AMMCO transmission had just installed my new Hemi727 to my RB440 in my 74' Dodge Dart...
They crimped the Neutral Safety Wires in between the Tranny n the Block. On the way home while driving i watched my whole harness fry all the way down the running boards to the tail lights!

From alot of use ,the GN Cig lighters Mount/Wire get's harmed.

Enjoy