Casper's Knock Gauge

lyonsd

cei-102003_w_m.jpg

This taps into the stock sensor and wire, corrrect?

Is it less sensitive than the Scanmaster? I saw knock retard on the Scanmaster and no lights (except the middle green "power" light) on the knock gauge.

What is the minimum amount of knock needed for something to show up on Casper's knock guage?

Thanks.

if you saw anything on SM and not on the caspers then recheck your connections and make sure you are tapped securely at the right yellow/black stripe wire at the ecm (not at the sensor)

the led will show any activity as it occurs , long before the SM

does your leds light up and display knock when you crank the car over ?

What pacecarta said.
Every post I have read says the knockgage will light up before the Scanmaster, I know mine does.
I usually show 3 to 4 lights on start up, which is consistant with what I have seen on other posts.

on start up mine pegs the red...i think my starter needs replaced, it has that sound when shims need installed... :eek: :eek:

knock knock

I spoke to the teks at caspers last week because of a wireing problem I was having with my gauge they also said the gauge will light up long before the scanmaster because the gauge is more sensitive..

I have the Caspers and Scanmaster gauges in my car. The Caspers knock gauge measures the knock signal to the ECM. I believe the Scanmaster measures the ECM response the knock signal. The Caspers is way more sensitive than the Scanmaster. Turn on the car and have somone tap on an exhaust header with a hammer. The Caspers will light up. Double check the wiring on the Caspers. Good luck. Brad