You can type here any text you want

Catalytic Converter Air Tube?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

DaveyX87

I recently replaced my down pipe and removed the cat. My cat was replaced sometime back and the current one didn't have an air tube (little tube on the side). Where/what does the air tube connect to? I have been chasing a vacuum leak and I am wondering if theres an open line somewhere possible related to the air tube. I'm not sure if it matters at all, it was just a thought. I thought I had prevented every vac leak but i'm only pulling 15-16 at idle. I was told it should be closer to 18.

Original catalytic converters did not have that little tube. It's very likely that you have an aftermarket replacement converter on your car…

Claude.

What Claude said... Aftmkt converters were made w/a tube connection. They came w/ a cap. So, if you car had air injection into the cat, you could hook it up. If not, use the cap

The 83 was the last TR to come with an A.I.R. tube. The 84 up burned cleaner because of the SFI system along with the waste spark ignition.

Back