Catastrophe

How long did u run that 4.1? Your not far from me, ive been to the beach over there. Anyway i plan to put a little hard block in my 4.1, and all the stuff off the 3.8, this block i got 0044 has from what isee more meat than the 3.8!:eek:

What is this block out of? Ive only heard of using the 291 and 484 blocks.

money pit

Sorry to hear about your meltdown. It happens to me about twice a year!! My only problem is I'm a mechanic, so I hate just fixing my GN when I break it. I feel cheated if I don't upgrade! Recently I broke a balancer and tweaked some valves. S##t, now were gonna need some race ported GN-1's. Good news---9's will be a reality in about a week. Bad news---I'm f##king broke!!! Good luck with your money pit!! Dave

What is this block out of? Ive only heard of using the 291 and 484 blocks.
It came out of a 84 Limited Regal. It grabbed my eye when i saw a 4barrel carb sitting on it. On Turbobuicks.com there was a guy who gave me a link to the build of the engine, it was built for Caddys. 252ci.

I would be surprised if AAA or anybody would cover a break down at the track. Does anybody know if their policy covers damage if you hit the wall? You were probably lucky to get 50% back for towing.

It is surprising what AAA will cover...I have a friend that used AAA when he had a towing company come last fall with a rollback and load up his highly modded (but partially disassembled) WE4 to take it from his house to a storage facility for the winter. I had told him I thought there was no way AAA would go for that but sure enough he gave it a try and they did it. It's got me thinking about joining up too. Now if only they'd pay us to rebuild our own stuff that we blow up while we're out playing...;)